Inferno

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Li'l D
C Boater

Inferno

Post by Li'l D »

Has anyone paddled a Millbrook Inferno? I am wondering if this would be a good boat for a smaller paddler for running and playing class 3- 3+
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

The website doesn't help much either...

A bunch of boats out there have a description that refers to another boat, with another poor description... :o
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Sorry about the website. I guess I could boast and brag about how each boat is the lightest, strongest, stiffest, most unbreakable boat ever created, and how they spin, surf, boof, and who knows what else with the greatest of ease. But then again, you can always contact me directly and I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about my boats.
best regards,
John Kazimierczyk
Millbrook Boats
kaz

Post by kaz »

Actually, if you search this forum, you will find a topic titled "Inferno-first impressions".
JK
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Motoari
Pain Boater

Re: Inferno

Post by Motoari »

The white boat in this video is INFERNO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQKretDc ... age&fmt=22
Helly
C Guru

Nice video Motoari!!

Post by Helly »

I especially like how you didn't block out the water sounds in preference to the music. Nice

In reference to Kaz boats: While it is true his website does somewhat of a diservice to his boats in terms of description (not the pics)...they are WONDERFUL boats. I think anyone paddles better in them, just because of his designs and the fact they are so darn light! Also,
A smaller paddler would do well in any of them is my guess. I have a Rumba and I love it! I am thinking about getting an Inferno at some point before Kaz decides not to make them anymore! mostly because it is shorter.
I would caution the learning curve on the boats if getting for a new paddler though. Not because of tippiness, etc, but because they need to learn how to avoid major damage if approaching something with rocks! For example, if I know there are rocks just below the surface on a particular rapid....it seems it is better to paddle on a diagonal with the Rumba rather than pointing straight downstream....the stern tends to get the brunt of rocks.
There may be a better way to manage this situation, but that is what I've found. Had a major bash the 2nd time I had the boat out, and really haven't had much since.
The glass boats are awesome boats! Kaz will tell you anything you want to know about the boats, & I would highly recommend the graphics too!
Helen
Motoari
Pain Boater

Re: Nice video Motoari!!

Post by Motoari »

Helly wrote: I have a Rumba and I love it!
I am thinking about getting an Inferno at some point before Kaz decides not to make them anymore!
mostly because it is shorter.
I also have RUMBA and took this video on it,
and wish to get INFERNO for slalom race. :D
kaz

Post by kaz »

Not to worry. I won't be discontinuing the Inferno for quite a while.
Ebara-san, let me know when you wish to purchase one. I'll paddle it over to you. :wink:

Jkaz