Esquif Spanish Fly

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

popetim
c

Esquif Spanish Fly

Post by popetim »

Thoughts on this boat greatly appreciated. I want to do some rockhopping in my local river for the most part. Strange looking boat but something tells me there's more to it! Of course, I'm asking you guys because you may know more than I do by a long shot. Thanks for comments ahead of time. Tim :D
kimmieOC1
C Guru

Post by kimmieOC1 »

The Fly is an awesome boat if you are looking for a creeking boat. It has a great edge for turning the boat with just shifting your body weight. Eddies unbelievably well (almost too well sometimes). Awesome boofs. Punches holes as long as you boof and lean forward. I love my Fly.

My paddling skills since I got in a Fly this past January have improved dramatically. Love this boat.

Kimmie
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Loving mine, too - had it out for a big water run Saturday and was pleased with how fast it and dry it was.
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

What would you say was the upper weight range for this boat?
Proud Yankee
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I'm 220#+/- and have not maxed it out.
keez
C Guru

SFly

Post by keez »

I've had my SFly for over 3 years now, and wouldn't consider paddling another boat. As better paddlers have stated; it's a great creek boat and though, not a dry as the Taureau, is an awesome playboat as well. I found the roll is different from my Nitro, as your top elbow has to go out and around the higher cockpit rim. Just takes a bit to figure out.
It's a testament to the boat's popularity as there's very few used ones ever offered for sale.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Simply put... the SpanishFly is the Bowler Wildcat of canoes. playboating... creeking... big water... you name it... it's been done in one at some point. :wink:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/494922/bo ... y_topgear/
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Craig Smerda wrote:Simply put... the SpanishFly is the Bowler Wildcat of canoes. playboating... creeking... big water... you name it... it's been done in one at some point. :wink:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/494922/bo ... y_topgear/
Does that make the taureau the bowler nemesis; Even the colours match.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-yHAtbM ... s_ktm_450/
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)