Pyranha Karnali/Burn L for C1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Attila
c

Pyranha Karnali/Burn L for C1?

Post by Attila »

I know there are a lot of C1 conversion questions lately, but I guess one more would not make any difference. The LL Remix 79 was brought to my attention by a very good paddler (thanks Martin) and thanks to Marclamenace and his excellent review and pics to confirm that this boat would be a good choice for C1. Has anyone outfit Pyranha Karnali L or Burn L for C1?, and if so do you have any pictures or thoughts about it? Any input would be appreciated. I am 6' 240lb and looking for a do it all boat.

Thanks..

Attila
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing -- Henry David Thoreau
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

the burn and everest make great c1's I'm sure the karnali would be just as good try to get a hold of bernie he has paddled all of them i think. All the boats you listed will be great boats to convert go on boatertalk and look at reviews to see how the boats paddle then decide which one fits your style basically it will be hard edges with pyrahna boats and softer edges with the remix its up to your style of boating which will be better i prefer soft edges but know alot of people that like the hard edges. Oh and they are both great companies you should be able to get a hull from either company at a reasonable price
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Please no offense here intended but I assume that you are looking for a river runner/ creek boat rather than a play boat since that's what the hulls you mentioned are most often used for. When I get a hull that is made in several sizes to convert to a C-1, I usually go a size above the recommended weight range for paddling the same boat as a K-1 to help with speed and stability, both of which, as you know go down using a single blade from a kneeling position. For example if the mfg. recommendation was that I fit an M Burn, I'd get the large. At 240#, if your C-1 experience is limited, you might spend the time looking for a used Cascade.
Bernie
C Guru

C-1

Post by Bernie »

The large Burn is out but the Remix 79, large Karnali, and Everest are good choices. At your weight I would suggest a boat with at least 79 gallons unless you are an aggressive paddler.
The Everest is 83 gallons, 26.5" wide, and 8'6" long and that means more stability for 240 + gear. You will have to cut out the cockpit rim to allow for more thigh room in the Pyranha boats.

My advise would be to request an opportunity from the C-1 world to demo any model that will accomodate your size.

I have paddled all the models that you requested and every one is totally different, but good. I would like to see some of the features of each boat in one design. I don't expect that to happen anytime soon!
seraulu1

''Newbie''

Post by seraulu1 »

Hi,

Really that's good!! learn hypnosis
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

Here are some pics of a Karnali conversion

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1522980194
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

here's some pics of my burn conversion. very fun boat, but i'm 170#, you'd need something bigger

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44941726@N ... 654175583/
Joe
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

The Everest is a bigger burn, I did have to trim some of the cockpit rim in the front to fit in. (still wish it was a little wider up front cause thqats where my trim wants to be) guess could go a little stern heavy for a more room.

Great stability with some edge for surfing and carving into eddies. Great secondary.

Im 6 ft 230 lbs
Proud Yankee