Ocoee Friday

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oc1_4life

Ocoee Friday

Post by oc1_4life »

Will anyone be going up to the Ocoee tomorrow? Or will I be the only one in an open boat?
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

well, it is independence day...
Joe
Bill M
C Guru

I was there!

Post by Bill M »

I saw 5 solo boaters and 1 tandem, all of whom looked marvelous and extremely skilled.....
Check out Ocoee Photos who are set up at Double Trouble and usually get everyone coming through.
Bill
Louie

Post by Louie »

On Saturday I saw

2 Teaureaus
3 Spanish Flys
2 Skeeters
4 Nitros
3 Ocoees
1 ugly green thing by Esquif

This was on the upper and the lower on a moderate speed trip, so I say I missed as many as I saw. Would have been nice if there had only been only 30 butt boats as well. To the lady from Virginia on the upper in the Ocoee you looked great at Alien falls and through the course, was kinda of mean of you makin all 12 buttboater you were with look that bad.
Regina
c

Alien Boof

Post by Regina »

Hey, that was me at Alien Boof! Thanks for the compliment, I shall cherish it always. It was my first time down the upper and I had a great leader, Dennis Huntley, who showed me the "dry boat" lines. He was in a kayak that day, but he is most comfortable in his C1.

I was amazed at how powerful the Olympic Course is. We watched raft after raft catch the top hole above Humongous and flip in the big hole. I pretty much snuck everything on the left side, but was impressed with your crew that worked back and forth across the river. It took a while for my heart rate to come back down after that run.

Regina