Lower Yough this weekend

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ohioboater
CBoats Addict

I'm in for 8

Post by ohioboater »

I'll paddle with you all at 8 on Saturday.
--sean
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

cool, I didnt get any extra permits tho,
Proud Yankee
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

I'll be on the "Upper" Yough this Fri, Sat and Mon. Come join us if you're up for it. I know the easy lines real well. I'll be paddling a yellow Dagger Caption.

Jim
thanks for the offer jim, i'll need just a bit more time before i'm ready for that, but i can't wait! hopefully late summer/early fall if you or somebody else is willing to lead this first timer down.
Joe
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

If you can follow Louie down the Tellico, don't pass up Jim's offer on the upper Y. When he says he knows the lines ,he does. Don't wear combat boots or sandals though. Gotta work this weekend, otherwise I'd go!
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Jim-we'll see how brave, (or bored) we are on monday for the upper(he says from his couch). would love to buy ya a beer and hear about it while were out there, where ya gonna be hanging?

sean look for us at the put in, will be dark jeep cherokee with a nitro and a detinator, meeting a paradigm and a Canadian in a Vertige.
Proud Yankee
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

TonyB wrote: and a Canadian in a Vertige.
That would be a Vertige-X ... you know .... the big butt version of the Virtige.

Yep ... it's time for another border crossing ... my step mom needs a refill on her 60 ouncer of rum from my last trip :o

See you sat morning at the put in ... 8am :D unless for some reason I end up at the campground begging for spare change
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

see ya at 8

Post by ohioboater »

I'll see you all at 8 at the putin. I've got a permit.

Red Probe, sliver Mazda5.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

If you can follow Louie down the Tellico, don't pass up Jim's offer on the upper Y. When he says he knows the lines ,he does
the tellico was fun, and i've improved alot since then, but isn't the UY quite a bit more difficult? or just more gradient? :D i like gradient. how's it compare to the crooked fork? someone at alf told me they were quite similar in places.
Last edited by gumpy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

to quote a buttboater we met "you'll be fine, you look like you can paddle it.
Proud Yankee
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Post by Longboatin »

Me and little LB will be Loop runnin Sat. evening - putin aroun 5pm if any yins is in to some skills practice. We work moves the entire loop, makin a mile into about 3 or so. Anyone is welcom to hang wid if you dont mind a couple brews and whoopin it up.
Easy.
Crash
C Boater

Post by Crash »

Can't make it this weekend,but I'l be run'n the lower yok next weekend.stay'n at tall oaks24th,25th,puting on sat apx11:oo.sorry I'l be paddle'n a tomcat,not reddy for my probe11,still not strong enogh after disck replacement.
C-Ya+Ride Safe
Crash