Old-timers weekend on the Hiwassee

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pblanc
CBoats Addict

Old-timers weekend on the Hiwassee

Post by pblanc »

Interesting past weekend on the Hiwasee. I never saw so many boats putting on as I did Saturday morning, and I thought I had entered a time warp. I saw a lot of boats I hadn't seen for a while, at least not in one place, and a few I hadn't seen.

A partial list: Dagger Prophet, Blue Hole Suburst (I), Whitesell Pirhana, Whitesell Descender, Millbrook Big Boy, in addition to the usual Bell Ocoees and Prodigys, Dagger Impulses, Legends, and Encores, Mohawk Probes, and aluminum Grummans.

Me? I had a boring old Dagger Ocoee.

Some old kayaks too including a Dagger Outburst and Crossfire, Perception Corsica, Corsica S and Corsica Matrix, Noah Stratoquatic, and an old glass slalom K1.

Also ran into some of the Cookeville tribe, and it was nice to see some younger open boaters. You know, those not drooling and wearing Depends.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Must be a trend, you could substitue Tuck last Sat or Nany on Sunday and use the rest of you post as is. I do believe ther might have been more single stickers than butt boater
the Big O
Pain Boater

Post by the Big O »

It's sounding like Cookeville is the new OC-1 of the Upper Cumberland !!! We raise 'em right.
Have a great day, Ken
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

pblanc, you mean Sunday morning. I'm sure there was no Big Boy there on Saturday, 'cause I wasn't.
pblanc
CBoats Addict

Post by pblanc »

We were there both Sat and Sunday. Although there were quite a few folks there on Sun, there were more than I had ever seen on that river on Sat AM.