Had a great day canoeing Overflow Creek yesterday

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Had a great day canoeing Overflow Creek yesterday

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

We took advantage of the tropical storm type rains that hit highlands nc (over 10" is 48 hours!) and canoed Overflow Creek yesterday. Overflow might be my favorite run in the southeast.

I'm posting because we might have had a record for the most canoes on one trip down Overflow with 4: Roy from Illinois, Matt from Knoxville, Eli and myself. It was awesome. The kayaks were very surprised to come around the corner and see 4 canoes!

We shot some video. I will try to post it next week.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

nice! i was pretty jealous when i saw all the rain down there. hope there is more when i'm back that way!
Atucky
CBoats Addict

nice

Post by Atucky »

cool- would love to see some of that footage!
Adam Trunnell
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Did Roy get BIG EYES :o

:lol:

Sounds like it was a fun time Dooley... y'all need to get him on Big Creek and the Green next... he's ready.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Roy had an awesome day. Now he's done two of the best runs in the southeast. He ran the west prong with us last year. The green is next on the list. I offered to take him this weekend but he's going back to the gauley. I will be at the green on saturday or sunday.

He's going to be around for a while. You should come down and run some stuff with us.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Cool guys... I've gotta wait and see what/when the doc. wants to schedule this whole carpal tunnel dealio I've been dealin' with.

For those of you that might be reading this that don't know Roy Crimmins... he's the best paddler I know that doesn't know how to use the internet. :lol: