Saddle question

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

JoeH
c

Saddle question

Post by JoeH »

Hey folks --

I'm getting ready to outfit a canoe for the first time, and I'd LOVE to find some black/white marble minicell foam for my saddle. Does anyone know where to get such a thing? Seems like it was the standard for a while, but i can't find it anywhere... hardly even a mention of it!

Thanks in advance!

-Joe
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

why? are you worried the gray foam will make your butt look big? :lol:
bambam
C Guru

Post by bambam »

oopsiflipped wrote:why? are you worried the gray foam will make your butt look big? :lol:
Silly "oops". I mean, c'mon, on the water, isn't image simply EVERYTHING?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpuFEpbE0d0

Oh, ... , and no, sorry JoeH, haven't noticed that sort of foam for sale.

Ken
fdon
c

Post by fdon »

The new Caption just came in yesterday. I could not find a "ready made" tandem saddle set that I wanted so decided to build my own. Just got off the phone with Sweet Composites who carry mini cell foam in bulk. A quarter bun, 1'x4', will do the entire project with a little left over. Don't know if they carry the black and white stuff, but they do speak fluent canoe.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

bambam wrote:
Silly "oops". I mean, c'mon, on the water, isn't image simply EVERYTHING?
of course it is. you are talking to a guy with a pink helmet after all. which clashes horribly with my green pin striped paddle top. what was i thinking? :oops:
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

A quarter bun, 1'x4', will do the entire project
isn't that kind of thin. I plan on doing that with my new caption and I was thinking it would take a full bun because it need to be 5 feet long and 8- 12 inches wide.
fdon
c

Post by fdon »

should have said 3-1/4buns. a three inch wide saddle could prove to be...well :o
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

AHHH makes much more sense now will that give you the lenghts
JoeH
c

Post by JoeH »

Sweet composites looks like a winner. I hadn't found them yet, so that is pretty helpful. Thank you!

I DO like the look of the marble foam, and it seems appropriate for a boat of this vintage... sue me :D. Just figured I'd buy that instead of the gray if there was an option.