C1 video up on LVM

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

C1 video up on LVM

Post by CosmikDebris »

Scott McClesky, Jeff Larimer, and Kevin Badcock shreddin' the Thompson river. I'd like to see Louie do that...
http://www.lvmvideo.com
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

It don't hurt none!
Hey, boys! What's the hardest part about the Thompson?

huh, huh, huff, huff (dirty look)
My favorite quotes. :D

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Sweet video. I'd like to fire that up some time!
Louie

Post by Louie »

Well it looked like it had enought water in it but not too much, I saw one I have to look at real long and hard and one I have to look at from the top. If it ain't so long you have too haul butt down it, it looks very much like my favorite type of run, but again I thought it looked like an ideal level. Dooley you know me best can I do it? In-laws to carry boat out.

Scott and Jeff good lookin run and video. Nice touch with the local, why is it us southers usually don't have no trouble with the locals? I'll make sure Chad knows this is up.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

so I see them using canoe paddles, but it looks like they are sitting. In the credits it calls them kayakers, which is it?
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Louie

Post by Louie »

better get your glasses check I've know them for years and I ain't never seen them doin anything but knellin
Louie

Post by Louie »

Is that both the top and bottom or just one section?
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

good then you need to give them hades for listing them as kayakers in the credits.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
we'll c
C Boater

Sitting or kneeling?

Post by we'll c »

Oh, they are sitting all right, I'm sure of it. Either that or they have 2" saddles or very, very short torsos! What do you call bum-boating with a single stick? I might have to try that!
philcanoe
C Maven

Re: Sitting or kneeling?

Post by philcanoe »

we'll c wrote:Oh, they are sitting all right, I'm sure of it....
WTF - that's some of the best C-Boaters you'll ever see.... yeah Well C-boaters - extremely well

...just because their saddles are wafer-thin, doesn't mean they're sitting. Great video.... except for that last little uphill!!!
we'll c
C Boater

Post by we'll c »

I stand corrected. The last uphill (2:33) does show a saddle! What's the shortest saddle anyone uses?
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

Great!

:D
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Read the write up of the Thompson on the AW site. It says something like: While the average gradient is 400'/mi there are two 3/4 mile sections where it drops steeply..........(400'/mi isn't steep?) And the first 3/4 mile section has a 1/4 part that drops 400' (4oo' in a 1/4 mile?) and the total gradient on that 3/4 mile slice is 1000'/mile.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

that's the lower section, you can run shuttle if you go through the bad creek access near whitewater falls. they are def. kneelin', although I think jeff's saddle is all of 2" tall, maybe not even that tall. I want to go check that large steaming pile of dog doo out, looks like tons of fun. You can only drive in there during hunting season, I think the road is open until January 1.
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Me dont kneed no stinkin saddle...

Post by Longboatin »

Of course theyre kneeling low, WTF? I never understand how sooo many people have C1 saddles pushin out the top of the cockpit.
Bought my first C1 this year, and I set it up w/ no saddle, want to be nice and low so just sit on my feet. sure it kills the ankles, but I thought all full closed deck boaters were inta pain. Just have to put time in to get used to it.