Anyone know any whitewater paddlers in the Philippines?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Anyone know any whitewater paddlers in the Philippines?

Post by NZMatt »

Hi y'all,
I'm stuck here in the Philippines and going stir crazy. After a long drought of too much work and no paddling, I got out last week and can confirm that there is paddling to be had. Some of it even seems to be pretty darned good, even if the access is tricky and it's more expedition style in some ways. The difficulty is that I haven't been abel to find any social paddlers here, not even kayakers. There are some raft companies and guides, but as best I can tell so far most of the guides don't typically have there own gear, so don't get out to play when not working.
There are some runs I'd love to try, but the choice right now is solo or nothing. I'd love to find a community of whitewater paddlers to meet up and paddle with.
And if you feel like visiting - I've got a feeling there are still some first descents to be had.
Cheers,
Matt
NZMatt

Hmmm....new country, new rivers...-
Still not enough c-boaters....
Louie

Post by Louie »

Have you beelooked good to me. BTW if you see any kids there that look like me it is pure corenendence.n to Bageo Falls (SP). Haven't been there since 1972 but it
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Hey Matt, do you have that Inferno with you? Tried ocean surfing?
JKaz
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Inferno

Post by NZMatt »

Hiya Kaz
Yep, I've got the Inferno here, but only used it on flatwater so far. I was up in the Chico region last week and the Chico is big water, so would be a great place to paddle the Inferno, except it's 12hrs drive from here. I wasn't sure what we'd find, so I took the Taureau as a more abuse-proof option....

I've been ocean surfing a few times, but always in the Groove. I'd like to take the Acrobat out and must finish the Maven cockpit rim and take it out, as I think it should be amusing.

The surf can be pretty big, so I'm not so sure about using an OC1 in it. I had a few unintentional backwards catches last week when I didn't quite make it over the wave before it broke. Good thing about the Groove is it surfs great backwards and is easy to get back forwards in :-)

Cheers,
Matt
NZMatt

Hmmm....new country, new rivers...-
Still not enough c-boaters....