Regional whitewater maps finally easily available online

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Regional whitewater maps finally easily available online

Post by Cumnock »

From Steve....

It's been a while coming, but there is now a page to get easy access (no registering) to the regional whitewater watershed maps I've been making for the last couple of years. Some of you know that I've been helping Mark over at Waldens Ridge Whitewater by making maps for eastern TN. Well now WRWW has readable reference copies of all the whitewater watershed maps that I've finished to date:

New Hampshire/Vermont
eastern New York
western Pennsylvania
West Virginia/western Maryland
western North Carolina
eastern Tennessee

And eastern Pennsylvania will be added within a couple of days. I also am working on the northern Georgia map and starting the background maps for the northern Alabama map.

Bookmark the page for future reference and check up occasionally for new additions!

http://www.waldensridgewhitewater.com/nationalmaps.htm
cadster
CBoats Addict

Post by cadster »

Great maps, but need to be printed on at least 17" x 22" paper to be readable.
bobthepainter
Pain Boater

Post by bobthepainter »

now, put it on google earth ,and use over lays !
Cumnock

Post by Cumnock »

Great maps, but need to be printed on at least 17" x 22" paper to be readable.
once you click on the link...click on the picture it will expand

you can set your own print properties.... the pictures are uncompressed to hack any way you want it....its set that way for the general public to use

Download the East Tennessee map and you could use a plotter to make it as big as you want...or compress it yourself and put it on a postcard

now, put it on google earth ,and use over lays !

sure in my spare time with other to do lists for the site : )
Louie

Post by Louie »

Mark I want to think you all all the people who you get to do so much stuff for your site which benifits all of us. I hope you don't get married anytime soon, the night after night stuff you do until the small hours of the morning is appreated more than you will ever know. American Kayaker lost a better resourse than they ever had or will have again when they pissed in your rice bowl.

For any that don't know Cummie I must tell you he is as close to bein a single sticker as any sissy sticker can be. He is one of the few who butt boater who know how to boat with our type of people. Thanks again Mark, mouthfull just wishes he had done as much for the sport as you have.
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Post by Longboatin »

props - definitely lot of work :o - a true asset to ww boating 8)
Cumnock

Post by Cumnock »

Thanks Louie and Mr. Longboatin'

The last 3 nights I've been up past midnight on the site ...its worth it tho

The pages are being updated behind the scenes and will work actually once done... they will work better on a I-Phone or Droid than a Desktop I'm trying to update the site so no apps will be needed for the Smartphone and Cellphone users.

I'm gearing the site up also to get ready for the upcoming HTML5 standards and trying to simply it ...to make all the information easier find.

The Weather/Radar and Map pages were re-done last night to upload faster. I'm speed testing the pages now to see how they load without being cached.

10 more creeks were added last week and 3 new gages to the flowpage.

By this spring I want to add 20 more creeks plus the undocumented creeks we have found.

Once again thanks

Mark
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Nice to see multiplpe regions included for those taking trips! Props to those who did the work! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Great to see, with maps like those and a good precip page....

(http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/precip ... hourly.php)

...you're ready to go (big).