Shoot out at ALF? (PART 2)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Shoot out at ALF? (PART 2)

Post by Craig Smerda »

Any interest in seen Longboatin and Louie goin head to head in boats from two different decades? However to make it fair and fun Louie needs to be in the Barge and Longboatin in the Turd-Spud. Louie doesn't really boat that much nor on steep stuff, so with Longboatin havein that advantage the boat switch would kinda even it up, and if Longboatin wants maybe Louie could wear a eye patch on one eye, or use a bent shaft paddle or sumthin. Kaz could referee, he is very fair minded even to Confederates. Of course with Longboatin in the Turd-Spud it might not really be fair after all.

:P

Louie wrote:Any intrest in seen Richard and Decker goin head to head in new boats from two different companies? However to make it fair and fun Richard needs to be in the Ledge and Decker in the Maximus. Decker doesn't really boat that much nor on steep stuff, so with Richard havein that advantage the boat switch would kinda even it up, and if Decker wants maybe Richard could wear a eye patch on one eye, or use a 48 inch paddle or sumthin. Phil could referee, he is very fair minded even to Yankees. Of course with Richard in the Ledge it might not really be fair after all.

Q; How can you tell it's winter on Cboats.net?
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

Craig,

They actually did a study on the news recently about how I feel about this:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/99487

Alden
Louie

Post by Louie »

I am all for it, but in fairness to old peckerwood up in Yankee land, Just last June I did run the Pescoas section of the Antique solo in a barge of some sort. Outrage maybe, well some sorta dinasore and except for fallin asleep a couple of times out of bordom no problem. I think I ran a couple of rapids in a Detenator on Bald a few weeks ago. So if the mouth of the north does mind this advantage I go up agin him, like he would come down here and run a real river where he would have to back up all the trash he has been talkin. One question if I have to used a crooked paddle, and I found a 2 X 4 floatin or wanted to just hand paddle would I be disqualified?
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Did't know me and Decker had a beef, hades I hope my kid is born after ALF. So I can see OUT event will be a grudge match, which is good we all need a way to est. a pecking order.
Amoungst us trash talkers
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Louie

Post by Louie »

Not a beef Richard just want to see you two in each other boat, of course we would like to see Decker in any boat.
ckingoc1
C Guru

Post by ckingoc1 »

Would Louie have to have a beer cooler in the boat and not wear a helmet :D
Louie

Post by Louie »

that time of year we don't use a cooler, just a mesh bag. I don't have to use a helment if that is how you want to set it up, hades I didn't have one Bald, so no big deal.

I am all for it but don't get your hopes up, remember Longboat is more of a viritual boater that a reality boater. You can tell what what he says he paddles.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

2opnboat1 wrote:Didn't know me and Decker had a beef, hades I hope my kid is born after ALF. So I can see OUT event will be a grudge match, which is good we all need a way to est. a pecking order.
Amoungst us trash talkers

Louie's like the Vince McMahon of C-boating... and we're just his pawns. I guess he's seen Nacho Libre' too many times. :P

Remember Richard... it's all about "showmanship" during a full scale production like ALF... even though there isn't a beef or riff at all between you and I. Now this "thing" that's been goin' on between Longy and Louie... that's another story. :lol:
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Alden wrote:Alden
:lol:
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

we got a term for that around here ....

.... you crawfishing out?

from bahamasuncensored.com
Crunchy
C Boater

Post by Crunchy »

Louie translation:
hades I didn't have one Bald, so no big deal.
At first, I thought he was referring to his full head of hair. But I think this is what he was really saying:

"I did not wear a helmet when I paddled the Bald River, (flows into the Tellico River, Tennessee CSA) so I'm not worried going without a helmet."
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

shoot out

Post by 2opnboat1 »

This actually sounds like the best idea i have heard in years. How fun would that be each other getting to see what our projects are about. I would love to paddle that boat on the tellico. Heck I'll even give him a head start (sense i do boat it all the time). Maybe Louie, longb, decker and myself should have out own class in the OUT race.
Richard Guin
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

since you're breakin it up into classes, how bout a north v. south race?
Joe
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

would love to I think this would be for the best . I think that would be a blast, see who brings what to the table
Richard Guin
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Do we hear west vs. east? Of course you'd have to fly us out.

Hey, if that might work, I could pick some class III eastern boater on here (or wait, maybe a class III boater from the west is a class IV eastern boater?) and start some name-callin'.

Anyone want to hate me, and then fly me to ALF?? You'd get the pleasure of watching me freak out about the possibility of running one of those falls!

Pat.