d-ring patch

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

d-ring patch

Post by sbroam »

I am looking for a D-ring patch to put in as the crotch anchor in an open boat - I'd love the old Team Edge one, the great big patch with the rectangular rings for 2" webbing, but I don't imagine they are out there any more. I looked at the Mike Yee ones and would prefer metal rings to webbing. Any idears?
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

last time i needed something special i called mike yee, just told him what i wanted & he made it.
Joe
ckingoc1
C Guru

Post by ckingoc1 »

Also Richard of mohawk may make you one. Also if you whait till Roger Scott (by the Ocoee) opens back up (if he does) he still had some old team Edge outfitting and can make more if you not in a hurry.
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

I make my own I use the raft repair material from NRS and D rings and strapping from strapworks :lol:
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

Northwater.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Thanks for the input!
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Someone mentioned Northwater, they sell (metal) 2" D-ring thigh strap anchors.

see
http://northwater.com/html/products/can ... tting.html
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

I had bought some from NOC awhile back... http://store.noc.com/store/c64

There are other options out there, I have just been happy with NOC customer service in the past.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I really do prefer how webbing feeds through a rectangular d-ring. That's not as important for a fixed end.
OC_1
Pain Boater

D Ring Patch

Post by OC_1 »

I have a old one out that has been used I could send you some pictures of it and you could talk to Mohawk I think they use to make a lot of the team edge outfitting dont tell them that though lol. But you could then email them the pics to see if they could help you . Mohawk has switched from the blue material to a black material thought I got that info a while back when i was talking to them on the phone
OC_1
Pain Boater

Team Edge D Ring other peices you will need for thigh straps

Post by OC_1 »

You will also need the other 2 anchor patches for the thigh straps . I bought the nylon webbing at a local outdoor supply and i ordered the heavy duty felcro off of ebay then i had a friend sew it up for me and i may be able to find the parts to send you pictures of those as well
OC_1
Pain Boater

Roger Scott

Post by OC_1 »

any idea how i can get a hold of Rodger I actually prefer the old Team Edge Outfitting and if i could find a new one maybe even the saddle that was used .. I should of said all this in one post but i kept thinking of the others after the first one hey it is Friday
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

What I'm trying to do is re-retrofit a Zephyr to thigh straps. The factory stuff (didn't wan't to use the ad-heee-sive word) failed and the latest beta (thanks NCDavid) is that my old friend Goop works better on Twintex than even the new wonderstuff "G-Flex". I figured I'd increase the odds of success by having the largest contact patch possible - thus my quest for the old style, big as a phone book Team Edge patch. There are several big patches out there. but with "D" rings - I'd prefer rectangular rings.

I am having second thoughts about "one big patch" though - what if it fails on the river? I lose both straps. Maybe I should go with two off the shelf Mohawk patches...

The upper anchors in the boat didn't fail - they are vinyl patches, though I did cut the rings out (big, heavy, not being used). I may try to reuse them, replacing the rings with a loop of accessory cord or spectra. I'm thinking maybe they didn't fail because they were more flexible than the lower anchors which were kevlar fabric...
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

i wonder if anyone's tried the team etc outfitting in a zephyr? no glue to fail.
Joe
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Jay sent me his pics of how he set up a Prelude that way. That's an option I seriously considered - I've even got a sheet of PE in the garage. What I like about the Zephyr most is not the design, but the weight. The etc "plate" will add a few pounds... Right now a D-ring + Goop has moved to plan "A". etc is plan "B".

[etc + snow board straps is looking like plan A for a conversion, though...]