River Knife Advice

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

monstertruckfred
C Boater

Post by monstertruckfred »

my parole agent said i could not carry any sharp objects....
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

When I'm on the water, I am never without my trusty blade :

More seriously, I keep my Spyderco rescue in a front pocket - easily retrieved and opened even with gloves (which I seldom wear).
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Ok I got an NRS Pilot now, and although being quite large for a river knife still find it quite small for my hands to grab it.. I am not too sure about the release mechanism yet, but will test-mount to my pfd tonite when I'm out of the office and hang myself upside down blindfolded while my SO sprays me in the nose with an ice-cold garden hose and try to release it..

;D
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

mahyongg wrote:Ok I got an NRS Pilot now, and although being quite large for a river knife still find it quite small for my hands to grab it.. I am not too sure about the release mechanism yet, but will test-mount to my pfd tonite when I'm out of the office and hang myself upside down blindfolded while my SO sprays me in the nose with an ice-cold garden hose and try to release it..

;D
Let us join in the fun and post that video on youtube :lol: :lol: ;-)
golder
CBoats Addict

Post by golder »

has anyone tried/had one of these?

http://www.rivercitysheaths.com/whitewater.htm

if they are good enough for charlie walbridge.....

they were mentioned in a boatertalk post on a similar subject.

i've been looking at the spyderco salt knives--their rustproof blades. real nice looking knives, but not cheap by any means. i think my next knife will be one of these.
ain't nothin but water, rocks, and gravity
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Spyderco are super knifes, but check with the law. I used to have Spyderco rescue knife, but the store I purchased it from contacted me years ago b/c the Canadian law changed, so they exchanged them for free, but unfortunately they gave me a double sided pointy blade, which I don't like as much.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

gerber river knife with the blunt end here...
SYOTR
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Nice sheaths, I actually plan to order some kydex if I can find a european supplier and play around with that.. I am finding the Pilot Knife Sheath quite large and sticking out of my PFD a little too much. Also will have to rearrange the attachment point, but it is mounted in a way that I would have to take half the PFD apart! Maybe just get another solution working. Theres nothing so sweet as modded gear ;D

Cheers Y'all

Jan