What is a Fair Price for a H:3 255 hardly used?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

AJ
CBoats Addict

What is a Fair Price for a H:3 255 hardly used?

Post by AJ »

I have a friend wanting to sell a H:3 255. I am interested in converting and wondering what would be a fair price?

I would want to use for river running and creeking. I am 5'9" 190lbs. Hoping to have the saddle at 7.5". I have been paddling a Skeeter, since selling my Taureau.

I have read through a lot of old posts. Any downsides to paddling this boat coming from a Skeeter for river running or creeking?

AJ
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

Not sure on price, but 7.5 inches might be kinda high in that boat.
oc ender
C Guru

h3

Post by oc ender »

might be,i'll get another measurement,but i'm pretty sure that's what mine is,maybe 7?here in Canada,i wouldn't pay more than $800 for one in good shape.Bernie sold me one,outfitted for c-1,and in mint condition for $450,but that was a smokin deal and would be hard to beat.
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

very much depending on condition I'd pay between $200 and $500... i buy and sell a lot of boats out here in Pennsylvania. Almost new condition you could look to pay maybe a touch more at $600.
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

I've got an H3 255 with a 7" saddle and it is a very good C1 conversion :D . $400 or 500 would be a fair price for a boat in very good condition. I wouldn't pay anything close to $800 :x .
SYOTR,
Bruce