anyone paddle the Biscuit?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cbcboat
CBoats Addict

anyone paddle the Biscuit?

Post by cbcboat »

Curious if anyone out there has paddled the LL Biscuit (as a C1) and what they thought.
Thanks
B
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

I just saw some pics from the NOC shootout and Jordan P. was paddling a LL Biscuit, you might want to try to hunt him down... http://picasaweb.google.com/shanebenedi ... 5359431442

wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

I tried one once..!! Seemed like a bit of a blob...loose impecise and slow..my Allstar is way way better.
Jan Liska was paddling one but has dumped it in favour of a Jackson Superstar you could try asking him..

Chris
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Post by Atucky »

I saw Barry Kennon paddling one a couple weeks ago.

He made it look good, but hey, that is Barry.
Adam Trunnell
NedPoff
C Boater

Jordan Poffenberger does paddle one and loves it...

Post by NedPoff »

He's gotten to try Dane (Jackson's) star c-1 and he likes his Biscuit better -- just got a new hull, so he'll be in his 2nd one this season. I inherited the 55 that we got last year for possible use at Worlds (he decided to stick w/ his 45) and now paddle it. It's very loose, you have to drive the "bumper" pretty hard to engage the edges, but when you do they work great. It's a good beginner boat, too. Hard to catch the edges. It makes a decent river runner and I've found it very fun to paddle.

I'd take the " so and so paddled boat A and switched to boat B" with a grain of salt ... Most of the pros can make any boat look good and what they paddle has more to do with how good a "deal" they have worked out with the boat manufacturers or kayak shops that sponsor them than any overwhelming attributes of the boats.. That being said, I'll try to get Jordan to respond to you - he'd be able to give you a specific comparison, since he has paddled both.. I've never paddled a Jackson boat. I do still have a Fluid Flirt and it is a nice boat, too.

Ned Poff...
liskahon
C Guru

Post by liskahon »

Biscuit is kinda good for big waves and holes, sucks at smaller waves. Not fast enough nor loose enough.

I d recommend JK Star2010. Best boat I ve ever paddled and NO KIDDING MAN!!

The new Star is light years ahead of all the other boats out there. Wide, short and FAST. No other boat behaves like this. I ll post a review as soon as I get some decent footage. Now I can do air blunts and blunt combos on crappy waves I used to be able to do only roundhouses on. After my yesterday's 90min paddle my lower back actually hurt from the landings... amazing
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

And if you like the Star, odds on you'll like the Molan too (despite some minor differences, calling it a cheaper Star-substitute isn't unfair)
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
liskahon
C Guru

Post by liskahon »

Yeah Molan is similar. But not that wide and with more rocker.