Bryson City - June 5-10

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

riffc1
c

Bryson City - June 5-10

Post by riffc1 »

NE c-boater looking to do some paddling in the Bryson City area June 5-10. Pretty flexible. Other than the Nanty, any ideas?

If anyone wants to hook up, let me know. Thanks.

Jack
jackriff at gmail.com
zen_ben
C Boater

Post by zen_ben »

Jack,

For ideas take a look at http://www.boatingbeta.com/. It covers a lot of runs within a few hours of Asheville, some close to Bryson City, others a bit farther. What level of excitement are you looking for? And how far are you willing to travel?

The Pigeon and the Ocoee will be running some of the days you are in the area.

I'm a full-time dad, so I'm usually tied up on weekdays but I can sometimes get a pass for an evening run on Section 9 of the French Broad (N. of Asheville).

Ben
riffc1
c

Post by riffc1 »

Hi Ben,

French Broad sounds good to me. I did it years ago. How long a run is it? I can meet you on a weekend or later on a weekday if that works best. It'll be about a 1.5 hour drive for me. Done the Ocoee but I'm more into quick runs because it's a family vacation. So if we can get together, that's great.

Thanks for the link to area boating. I can also be happy doing speed runs on the nanty.

Jack
jackriffel@gmail.com
203-889-7248 (cell)
LHTC1
c

Pigeon

Post by LHTC1 »

I have a group paddling the Pigeon on Saturday. The release starts at 11:30am so we're meeting at the put-in at 11am. lhthonus@gmail.com
- Lee
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

I'm also paddling the Pigeon tomorrow. We're meeting at the git-in at 11:30. Gonna be lots of canoes on the Dirty Bird tomorrow.
agrestal
C Guru

Post by agrestal »

Dirty Bird Saturday!!! WOOHOO!!!
canoera hasta la muerte
www.CostaRicaRios.com