Bulldog???

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Lappie
C Guru

Bulldog???

Post by Lappie »

Good day , I was wondering if any one here had a chance to try the Bulldog from Composit Creation? And what they think of it? I'm looking into a new solo and want a composit boat. I'm a little over 200lbs and 6'2". Any suggestions?
Cheers
Scott C
Pain Boater

Post by Scott C »

It is a good boat for surfing and play. I have not paddled it much on flat water so I am unsure how it is as a river cruiser but I think it should be OK. The great thing is that if you can get in touch of Andy you can try before you buy. It is definitely a unique boat that you will either love or hate but at 6' and >250lbs I have no issue with it.

Scott
~~~\open side up/~~~
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

When i tried it was a great boat, should have got the $600 demo he had... How about you buy one and if it you dont like I can buy it from you. You might as well get a Splash nested with it too.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I have one listed in the "for sale" page if you're interested.
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

Yukon, I would love to nest one... but with the floatation tanks I'm afraid it's not possible!!
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Smurf Warrior how do you like it? how come you are selling it?
T
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Smurf Warrior how do you like it? how come you are selling it?
T
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Yukon- here is the little blurb I put on the for sale page about it-

Here are my impressions of the Bulldog- Its a surfing machine, the flat bottom and end rocker sits it in our local playwave nicer than anything I've paddled. Tons of initial stability yet drives pretty easy with the knees. Very good secondary stability too.. reminded me of a Detonator kinda in that regard. Nice edges that are noticable, but polite at that same time. It rolls great and the pump tosses out the water quick enough to keep on keepin on. I found it pretty fast on the flats, not as quick edge to edge as the Zoom (of course), and pretty dry running. It was point and shoot in the manky Utah creeks and confidence inspiring in the big water of the Green and Colorado. It reminded me of my old Ocoee, but shorter and easier to turn and spin. The storage space I created by adding the hatches was super cool... allowed me to carry tons of gear (my break down fit in the hatch).

To be more specific on why I'm selling it, I find myself paddling the Zoom a bunch more now that I've gotten used to it wanting to throw me out of the boat.

The Bulldog is a very cool boat, if I had endless resources I'd surely keep it.