C1 Conversion

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Warwoman
c

C1 Conversion

Post by Warwoman »

I weigh around 195 and want to convert k1 to a c1 for moderate creeking, any recommendations.
Thanks for the help.
coloradopaddler
C Guru

Post by coloradopaddler »

i don't have a lot of experience with creek boats but i recently converted a liquid logic remix 79. i think it works well. i weight 170 lbs., and it sits pretty high. you'd probably like it.
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

I don't think any of the modern creekboats are a bad choice for conversion at your weight I would look at all the big ones Jefe Grande, Fluid Solo L, Burn L, Karnali (sp?) L, Nomad 8.5, Habitat the big one
Some of the "river runners" would be good too Remix is very capable as a creek boat, Mamba, Diesel
Pretty much all the modern boats make good conversions just think about what you want in the boat and go from there i.e. if you like edges look at Pyranha
One thing I know is that the nomad is a good boat but there is like 8 bolts for their kayak outfitting so something to think about if you are converting
I know LL will sell hulls not sure about other companies
Riot boats have narrow cockpits
Other than that I really don't think there are many modern designs that are terrible conversions like you may have found 10 yrs ago.
also check out the conversions section on this site on the search boats drop down menu top left
good luck
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

xmas pretty much said it all.
Larry
Warwoman
c

C1 Conversion

Post by Warwoman »

Thanks for feedback, I am set....just need to find a boat to covert.

Again thanks for the help.

Frank
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

+1 on the Remix 79, though at your weight the 69 might not be out of the question.

If you are interested in a LL hull contact them or your local dealer about getting a shell - they were at a significant discount over an outfitted kayak, a much bigger discount than I was quoted for a Pyranha shell. A new LL shell was comparable to the used K-1 prices...