weight range of the Detonator

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oc ender
C Guru

weight range of the Detonator

Post by oc ender »

What type of weight is it designed for,and does it make good creek boat.I have a Nitro,which is fine but pretty heavy and a little slow.I like the hull for surfing and would like to have the smaller version.I'm 200 lbs and 6ft.

Considering the Taureau,but i think the Detonator is a little better play boat,maybe i should condider the Spanish Fly,good creeker and play boat.
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

I am 6'1 and 210 and although never owned a detonator have had 3 or 4 runs / play sessions in one of my buddys. It is a fun play boat and surfs well. I had alot of fun using it (when I was even heftier).

If you are looking for speed this is not your boat...It will definitely be slower than your nitro. If you do alot of creekier runs, I would get the fly. If you are wanting a play boat, I would get the fly. Fly will be more fun in the play spots and not rx, which will last longer for the creekier stuff.
SYOTR
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

i agree, but the detonator, with its bulbous ends, is very dry. it depends on the type of creeking you do. low, scrapey stuff=spanish fly/teareau. higher volume runs=detonator.

just my opinion
Joe
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Well, for a dry boat you could always go with the NEVAFUL system ;D
Spanish Fly, I guess I know a guy who might have already drilled his by now..