Happy Birthday SpanishFly

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

That's a SuperFly... but thanks for postiing it. :D
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Super... Spanish... can you explain what the difference is? Im in the market for something like this and it would be good to know :)
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Smurfwarrior wrote:Super... Spanish... can you explain what the difference is? Im in the market for something like this and it would be good to know :)
Sure... I happily got rid of my SuperFly after paddling for five minutes in the SpanishFly. :wink:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Hahhaha... I get it! :lol:
funkidreadz
C Guru

Post by funkidreadz »

The 2 flies are two completely different boats, the SuperFly was desdigned by Frankie and made in the USofA by Savage V. The SpanishFly, named specially for the Rodeo Worlds in Spain, imaginative or what, was designed later and moulded in England.

The hulls are very different and the ends too, the middles are about the same.

I have just noticed that on the SpanishFly Cboats page the red and white boat is a Savage V SuperFly, the orange and yellow one is a SpanishFly, and Craig is in a 'Fly too.
It also says year 2002? it should 2000.

Paddle safe
James
Eli
The Canoe Guru - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by Eli »

When the SuperFly came out, we thought we needed a spindisc. This is a groove around the planing hull on the bottom that ultimately ends up cracked and often plastic welded back. With the SpanishFly, we eliminated this weak point in the design. The SuperFly was produced by SaVage. The SpanishFly was produced by Mobile Adventures (aka: Sauvage) and then Pyranha and finally Esquif.

I was fortunate enough to paddle both of them for the past 2 weeks in Alaska and the differences are negligible...I love them both.
When in Doubt...Paddle Forward!
www.thecanoeguru.com
Marc Evans
C Guru

Post by Marc Evans »

I thought that I'd bring this post back up to the top.

I picked up a fly from Oopsiflipped before he made his way back east last year. Although I can't do the moves of Funkidreadsz, Dooley, Craig and others, I can say that the fly is about the funnest 9 foot open boat there is to paddle - at least for me. I have never had more fun in a boat running big water rapids, catching eddies or surfing small waves. All this in a boat that is stable and easy to paddle. Thanks Gabe.

Marc
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Post by Atucky »

Does anyone know approximately how many Pyranha Spanish fly's were made?

Just curious.
Adam Trunnell