Anybody going to the Yough this weekend?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Anybody going to the Yough this weekend?

Post by Cheeks »

Anybody going to the Lower Yough this weekend? Two friends and I are heading down there, and it would be cool to meet up with some open boaters, because as of now, I'm the only kneeler.

Chris
bambam
C Guru

Post by bambam »

Hello Tenzing.

Rumor has it that a gaggle of OC's will be there on Sunday starting in the ten to eleven timeframe.

Swing on by and say "hello". We should be pretty obvious.

Ken Dubel
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Rich
I was on shore waiting for my daughter to come off the loop (same young lady you had in class last year a Tbash) when you all rolled through. Had a few chuckles as the yakers keep saying "...where all these open boats coming from?"! Then one of them made a comment about how starnge it was and it was like that a couple weeks ago with tandem canoes! I just sat there and enjoyed the view.

PS She walked Cucumber (@1.7) but had a fine time! :wink:
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Ken,

Sorry I missed you on Sunday. I had to do an early loop run in order to be back in New Jersey for work. I head from some yaker at Cucumber that a whole "$hit-ton" of canoes were coming, I imagine that was you guys.

Good news is that I am planning to be back for Falls Fest and also for five days straight around Labor Day.
bambam
C Guru

Post by bambam »

Sunday was a big bunch of relatively mellow fun. Many of our group had OC-1'd the upper on Saturday (not me, ... , I do the butt boat thing there or shred, so far).

I thought I had you pegged when I spotted a lone OC'er along with a pod of 'yakkers but when I made the introductions it wasn't you.

We were about a dozen OC-1's and, curiously, eleven of us were in Ocoee's of various ages. I won the prize for the most ancient which leaks the most from underneath.

Sorry Louie, but pumps apply given that circumstance!

Ken Dubel