Converting Delirious XL or Delerium

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

denisanic
c

Converting Delirious XL or Delerium

Post by denisanic »

Hello all,

Tried out recently a wheelboy, the only one in Sweden, and it was mad fun, but the boat is to small for me, being 6'7 and 230 lbs.

found a cheap delirious xl and a delerium and though about converting them, any experience on these, anyone?

also, Drakkar from finland, are they gone from the market, was looking for a fat boy, but i guess that is somewhat imposible now.

/D
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Delirious C-1

Post by Mikey B »

The delirious XL should make a fun boat for you. There used to be a guy on here (C1Deli) that was about your size or a bit bigger who paddled a Delirious and did well with it a few years back.
I'd say go for it! :D
Marc Evans
C Guru

Post by Marc Evans »

denisanic:

I seem to recall that liskahon commented on the Delerious in the last couple of years and nixed the Delerious for larger folks. If I recall correctly he is about 215 and said that he would sink the boat too much for much playboating. Maybe he will see this post and respond. In the mean time you might check out his C1 playboating blog - he's pretty serious. By the way, he likes the new Jackson Superstar.

Marc
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

I had a Delirious years ago, end while it was fun, I always felt that at ~190 lbs I was close to the upper weight limit of the boat. The difference in volume between the regular size and the XL delirious is minimal, onmy the foot bumps are larger. My guess is that at 230lbs it would be a handful.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

Looking back through the old posts, C1Deli...Edwin was 6'-8 and 240 lbs and loved his? I think he was big into the freestyle though.
I agree with TGG though, mine was really fun, but I wouldn't have been comfortable paddling bigger water.