Thanks to Jeremy for evolving the sport with the Blackfly

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Thanks to Jeremy for evolving the sport with the Blackfly

Post by Wendy »

In my comments on the L'Edge I want to add a big thanks to Jeremy for all he has done. I watched folks boat the Blackfly at ALF and thought it was an awesome playboat- especially with him in it. I will never be a play boater. This is why I comment so much about the new L'Edge.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Dittos. The black fly is an amazing playboat. I'm looking forward to spending more time in mine this fall.

It was really cool to see all the attention that the blackfly and L'Edge got from kids/Kayakers/raft guides etc. at Nationals. New designs are really important for the health of our sport.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

I for one am glad Jeremy has been drawn to canoeing... fresh ideas and no preconceived notions of what could or couldn't be done with or in a canoe.

Stepping outside the box, stepping on the box, lighting the box and fire and walking in a new direction away from the box... is good.

He's fun to actually go paddling with too... :D
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Kudos to Jeremy for the BFly... I've had so much fun paddling the BFly I started paddling OC pretty much exclusively lately! That little boat makes for BIG FUN!

The boys were bummed at ASCI on Sat when they couldn't find it to demo... Elliot gave it such a great review they were stoked to jump into it after getting amp'ed on the L'Edge! Just watching Elliot figure out what the BFly can do was a hoot! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Thanks guys. I've got to say your words of encouragement mean a lot to me right now. I moved to New Hampshire a few weeks ago, and currently don't have a workshop space. With a stack of boat hulls, a half finished plug for a new boat, and a pile of foam in my parent's barn in PA and a few ideas for other projects floating around in my head, trying to find somewhere to set up shop has been a source of stress. I've got enough boats put together to meet demand for the near future, but I'm about ready to tear into some new projects. In the mean time, I've been "taking care of business," working on doing inventory, etc... but I'm really not sure looking at those numbers helps. :D So I means a lot to get some positive feedback.

Oh, and Colin, that's what we in the industry call "research." :wink:
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

RodeoClown wrote:Oh, and Colin, that's what we in the industry call "research." :wink:
... or what we like to call "taking the bait"

:lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter