anyone have a dowel t-grip sitting around?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

anyone have a dowel t-grip sitting around?

Post by oopsiflipped »

that might fit a bandit?

pretty please?
East Coast Canoes
C Guru

Post by East Coast Canoes »

i have a wooden Tgrip that came with my H2O Team C1 paddle.
i actually eneded up making some of my own.
problem with it is it has to be wrapped (its too small to fit in the shaft)(crazy Canadians). ha ha
its yours if you want it.
let me know
john
Louie

Post by Louie »

Home Depot has oak replacement chair legs, most have a dowel shapped section. $3.50
D-Caption
C Guru

T-GripI have about half dozen

Post by D-Caption »

Oopsislipped or flipped,
I have several laying around, most are 1and 1/4 in diamiter and 4 an 1/4 long with 3/4 hole 13/16 deep. I made them to fit clinch river paddle shafts. You would have to glue it to another dowel and then insert it into the bandit shaft. Thats how I did mine and it seems to work well. I have spruce, cedar, oak, and some beautiful spalted dogwood. I assume straight with no taper. I also have the original bandit t-grip if you want it other wise you might have to do a little sanding to fit the dowel int the bandit shaft.
Whish I knew how to send pics but havent mastered that one yet. Be glad to send you something for free if you get me an address.

D-Caption

256-329-2386 call if you like
oc1kcwlkr
Pain Boater

Post by oc1kcwlkr »

gabe... lemme know if ya wanna get rid of that galasport again.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

you get a canoe again casey? i need to keep paddling with the galasport because it looks so sorry people keep offering me free paddles. maybe once i get a few more, I can let you have it back.

D-cap: thanks! i'll give you a call when i haven't been drinking all day on ocoee....thanks!
oc1kcwlkr
Pain Boater

Post by oc1kcwlkr »

got that gyramax.. its actually down on the ocoee. If your down that way when you still get this message give me a call. I could use some help getting it here
Marc Evans
C Guru

Post by Marc Evans »

Gabe, did you find a t-grip? If not, I'm probably mixing some epoxy tomorrow or the next day. I could put one together for you if you give me the inside diameter of the shaft and the diameter of the grip you want. If you need a comparison, just go check out the one on the door stop that I made you - it had an 1.25 inch diameter t-grip.

Marc