Video of my run on Gorilla Saturday

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Video of my run on Gorilla Saturday

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

A kayaker happened to have his camera out when I ran Gorilla over the weekend and posted this on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 093&ref=mf
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

when are people going to get over this stupid facebook fad?
Larry
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Dooley... ask him if he'd be willing to change the privacy setting on the video to "everyone" because right now it's apparently only availible to his "friends".

Larry... it's just an easy place to post pictures, videos and communicate if you choose to do so... it might die tomorrow or never... who knows. I've almost walked away from it a few times... taken a break and came back... some of it is just plain lame and a lot of it... almost all of it you can do via email. Well... at least it's free... give it a try... you don't have to do anything special... I have friends that registered just so they could see photos and check stuff out. They never post anything... it's completely up to you.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

sign up on fb just to look at a picture or video? not a chance in hades. if someone wants the world to see their vid, there are places to post it. if you want to provide fb with a few more people to spy on then keep on doin what you doin. actually, between fb and all the retailers harvesting my online habits and popping creepy adds up at me, i'm just about ready to frikin smash my computer, cut off the internet provider and save myself a shitload of money every month, and get something done in my life. ..nothing but a big waste of time :evil:
Larry
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Sorry for the mix-up. I don't have the video or I would have posted it on youtube. I was just posting a link and I thought people would be able to watch it.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

I just posted the video on my fb page so more people should be able to view it there.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Dooleyoc-1 wrote:I just posted the video on my fb page so more people should be able to view it there.
nope... still not working
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Just a tip: I always post my stuff on other sites (picasa, flickr, vimeo, youtube, etc, etc) and then link it on fb from there. Then everybody can see it even if not on fb.

I didn't want to use fb for years for confidentiality reasons. Now they improved their system quite a bit, and I appreciate it for what it is: an easy way to find people you couldn't find otherwise and stay in contact with them.
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

The perpetual high school reunion site ;) get a yahoo or gmail acct (dummy acct) and create a FB ID with dummy info. Like everything online, anything you post will be there for a LONG time, and may be seen by anyone - FB, twitter, flickr, etc. it's ALL out there if you know how to look.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

"Farmville" is totally ghey though... who comes up with crap like that?

:lol:
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Craig Smerda wrote:"Farmville" is totally ghey though... who comes up with crap like that?
Killing our north american office productivity who has interest in? Probably the chinese! :lol:
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

Craig Smerda wrote:"Farmville" is totally ghey though... who comes up with crap like that?

:lol:
I don't think NY's Sewer system can handle all the crap that thing generates.