Oh FullGnarlzOC.....

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Maven
c

Oh FullGnarlzOC.....

Post by Maven »

it seems the "Demo MAVEN", first out of the mold, has resurfaced. It would like to meet you, perhaps there is a shallow pond you can try it out in. If you can actually roll it will help. A lot.

You WILL learn a lot from paddling it. Everyone who has attempted has. Very few feel comfortable in that boat. To say the least. At what I assume you weight you won't be able to Cquirt it... but nonetheless it will be valuable to your growth as a paddler.

PAC, or someone else, may be in touch once the boat in question has appeared.

The MAVEN
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Whoa a sensei call out! Maven I am unworthy ... 8)

FG once I have it ...we'll get you two together! I'll bring a camera too to record your paddling prowless!

I might even see if I can roll it still! :o
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

The Maven will turn the cross forward J into a trout count.
Maven
c

Post by Maven »

Balance and poise, young grasshoppers!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Maven posted...
Balance and poise, young grasshoppers!
My butt.....

"FEAR and loathing!!!... in class II!!! :o
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

It was quite the rodeo off of Adam's dock that I performed in my only occasion to paddle that streamlined beast. There were only a couple of neighbor lads heading to an island camp who saw it and probably knew not what they saw.

I have another stead of equal challenge sitting aside the house. It goes by the name of 911. My daughter has claimed it as her own but never paddles it, she just likes how pretty it is.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Maven wrote:Balance and poise, young grasshoppers!
A maven (also mavin) is a trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass knowledge on to others. The word maven comes from the Hebrew, via Yiddish, and means one who understands, based on an accumulation of knowledge
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

just so you know what to look forward to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJ4Pu9g ... re=related

oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

just so you know what to look forward to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJ4Pu9g ... re=related

the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

you had to dig out this embarassing footage, didn't ya... :roll: :oops: :lol: ... The Maven is definitely an interesting boat to paddle. It made flatwater and clas I scary.
But it was a lot of fun!

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

That looks like a fun boat, though not anyone's boat of choice for downriver C-qirting...
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Maven
c

Post by Maven »

Class II - III is possible. Perhaps more.

It does make some WildWater boats feel stable :o , but once you get used to the "scalpel" feel it is a good bit of fun.

I may have to pull the 2nd one out of the mold down next week and get some footage to compare.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

bah... you boys know im all about the OC1(real OCs)! I'm all about staying very on top of the water(despite whether it looks that way when i paddle or not :) ). After the Racquette came close to makin me its biatch this weekend, believe me, I have an absurd amount of OC1 practicin to do.

nonetheless. I'll give this crazy contraption a whirl. At least it will provide entertainment lol. Who knows...if I can stay in it for longer than 1 min without losing complete feeling to my lower body, and be able to roll it...I might even give it a whirl down cucumber... as long as it can withstand large impacts ;)

Don't think the maven would make it on the racquette, even if you were an expert with it.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

that boat is absurd lol. what a ridiculous concept... 'boating underwater' ;)
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

wow, eddy. you may have bested me at my own game. i sure like to annoy people on the internet, and you sir, are definitely a jedi master of annoyance.

what you have to share here on cboats keeps getting dumber and dumber. it has reached the point where i can only assume you're not posting what you believe, but anything you can think of to get a rise out of people. which is certainly what internet boards are for. but cboats is a kindler, gentler place. and here is one last response before kindler, gentler gauley and rain gabe returns and angry, bored none boating internet gabe goes away for another year.

if boating underwater is so ridiculous, what makes paddling a boat full of water less so?

and really, a pump? now i now you're just trolling. but none the less, as first gauley release is still two days away, here ya go. my rant:

i'll admit to knowing people and even having friends with electric pumps in there canoes. my first boat, a paradouche, had one. an electric pump is quite possibly the dumbest whitewater accessory. i mean worse than the salamander visor dagger key ring beer opener. really a pump? has it occurred to you that there is a giant hole in top of a canoe? of course it has because it's what makes it awesome, right? without that big whole, class V is just sooooo easy. so why not hook up an electric pump? because you are too weak to dump your boat and obviously lack the skill to run dry lines in hard rapids? doesn't removing the water automatically completely eliminate the need to have a giant hole in top of your boat that lets water in?

class III has no consequences? maybe it's 'cause you were boating the "class III" lehigh a year ago and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. in the words of walter sobchak "you're like a child that wonders into the middle of a conversation and wants to know what's going on." try class III in the snow with ice on the banks pushing flood stage for miles without eddie. or flatwater in that silly underwater boat. or seing some of the holes that you go around in class III out west, or on the plateau at highwater. try dropping into them. get back to us on the class III.

also in the words of walter "and a good day to you sir!"

hope to see you on the water sometime. i'm sure your not such a total douche bag in person.

see ya next august guys when the long dry days before gauley come around again!