Posts of late

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Post by Louie »

LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE WHAT WE ARE TALKIN ABOUT IS KIDDY POOL AND A LIZZARD LOUNGE. I AGREE IT IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE. IT DIVIDED THAT SITE INTO TWO COMPLETE GROUPS. The main group is a bunch of eletist who would never visit the lounge and the other group would never go into the main forum but they both talk about boatin sometime and both groups get into the same sort of spats, so what you really end up with two different sites in one site.

Here we would have Larry H. leadin the elitest who would look down on the second group. The second group would be lead by Fullgnar and they would be spendin all their time laughtin at Larry groups. The third group would be lead by me who know a little about boat but could jump from group to group stirin up large steaming pile of dog doo.
Louie

Post by Louie »

I WASN'T DONE i JUST HAD TO GO TAKE A DUMP AND WAS AFRAID MY BATTERY WOULD DIE BEFORE i GOT BACK and i would have to retype all that.

I an not for cencership, I am for personal responableabiy if you don't like what someone say don't read their post.
solo_konoe
Pain Boater

Post by solo_konoe »

Louie wrote:I WASN'T DONE i JUST HAD TO GO TAKE A DUMP AND WAS AFRAID MY BATTERY WOULD DIE BEFORE i GOT BACK and i would have to retype all that.
Sunday coffee (not quite ginger ale) through my nose reading that. :lol:
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I'm with louie here, Having seen more than one forum get eaten alive by uncontroled banter, moderated another which started to split apart into multiple groups after some changes to the structure of the site, and being part of several forums which have quite successfully decided how much they're willing to tolerate (which happened to draw the line at personal abuse, just like this one); I think the Admins here have taken the best possible course of action.

I'm not entirely sure that I agree with Louie on censorship, as there is a point to say the wordfilters which eliminate swearing, or in deleating abusive posts... But I feel that deleting anything which would cause ructions would be going too far the other way; again, that's pretty much how things are now.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

So, a "banter forum" has been suggested that would see all the folks who want to be offensive & rude sharing info in one place, and all the Canadians sharing it in another place??

But both forums would talk about canoes and canoeing? Sounds like an unfortunate way to separate/duplicate information. I don't like it.

Besides, if I just wanted to talk canoeing with people from my region, canoeing culture, and age, etc., I just can just turn to them in an eddy and do that!

Pat.

p.s. Maybe I missed something if it was more than FullMonty's "inflamatory" posts where he says crazy stuff like paddling a C-1 is easy compared to his Det, but, other than that, I haven't noticed the forum to be having excessive bad language or personal attacks - and I'm sensitive and serious.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Pat, you're right. Nothing has been too bad, offensive, or out of control....yet here we are talking about it.

Whoever is complaining....should call the 'Waaaaambulance',

OR BETTER YET.....

CRY ME A CLASS V RIVER, SO I CAN TEAR IT UP!! AND/OR Count trout!
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

I TOO HAD TO TAKE A DUMP AND BATTERY WAS GONNA DIE

josh about the personal attacks.... i feel i have been personally attacked a couple times. folks saying i have no clue what im talkin about and that i dont know how to boat.... this has led me to have serious self-esteem issues, buy self-help books, eat more chocolate, and cry myself to sleep at night.

oh wait....i wasn't raised a pansy.

alright...I'm done. See yall at Gauley Fest! If my eyes r puffy, you know i wasnt lyin.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Gnarlz:
Nero Wolfe wrote:Sarcasm is not the rapier of wit its wielders seem to believe it to be, but merely a club: it may, by dint of brute force, occasionally raise bruises, but it never cuts or pierces
Sounds about your style, ey?

Have a good one at gauleyfest! (You lucky sod!)
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Louie

Post by Louie »

fullgnar, the GDI's President, his fathful but lost sidekick,more than likely swimmin mexican, and myself will be hidin out in the best western in summervilles. We get in late Friday afternoon and around 2000 I will meet Vince at the Esquif booth on the fair ground, hopefully my only apperance at the American Kayaker outlet mall and then the put in Saturday morning, haven't got a clue what time but I would like to get there around 0900 or 0930. I am sure you will be doin the upper, please find us, like most minoritiies we tend to gang up so hopefully you won't have any trouble findin us, beside the above mentioned OC1King, Shawn, Dooley, Matt and Matt and Chad will be there and you need to meet some of them, for duel purposes one to meet people who are where you are at now and meet people who are where you say you want to get too. Pinchelocogringo is goin to try and convenice his boss he got a hold of a bad burretio and make his first UG run (he is ready he has been boatin for two years now and one of those years is in an open boat) Richard from Mohawk is suppose to go 50/50 of that happen but you can meet him also. Even if you ain't doin the upper (some on here say you ain't ready) park at the top and come down I can give you a few pointer on internet eduiqate, how to win friends, influence people, and general improve your public apperance.

Oh ya keep a runnin tally of the people you meet, break them into two groups those who don't care that you talk smack and are there runnin the sugar cookie, and those who do care you talk smack and are there runnin the sugar cookie. i will give you two to one odd on which group is bigger,
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

Louie wrote:I WASN'T DONE i JUST HAD TO GO TAKE A DUMP AND WAS AFRAID MY BATTERY WOULD DIE BEFORE i GOT BACK and i would have to retype all that.
I afraid to ask why you needed a battery to Take a Dump Louie.....I guess when you reach a certain age.... Oh well
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

To clear a few things up:
1) No "other" or "banter" forum is planned, mostly for the reasons described. And for the record this place is like any other "business", if you don't like it, go elsewhere. We pay for it (yes, the ads and donations help, but it doesn't cover it all), and as such we get to keep the house so to speak as we like it. I think overall it is working well, but we know we'll never please everyone. If everyone respected the rules we've set all the time it would indeed be easier, but I also understand that everyone interprets them a little differently.
2) There are other forums out there than Boatertalk and their lounge, that is why I didn't name any one in particular - each person will interpret it as the one they know. The world (and the internet) is a big place:)
3) Pat - either you are less serious than you claim, or the moderators have seen it before you did :wink: . We have had to work a bit more than normal lately

My recommendation - since there seems to be a group that wants to talk smack rather than boating, let folks know (a post or two here noting where the "banter" will be is fine - just don't link to it every chance you get as that serves no purpose here) where you'll be doing so and go to it!

The rest of us can get back to talking CBoating, trips, design, and yes, ADHESIVES!

:lol:
Keep the C!
Adam
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

We have had to work a bit more than normal lately
Well then, thanks very much for that moderators! Keep up the great work, it is much appreciated.

Pat.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

the ppl that dont think im' ready...are the same ppl that would never even think about running the UG. Funny how that works.

I'll see ya up there louie. Hopefully Fred can make it down. Had a blast with him on our first upper yough run together.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Adam - so I can talk as much trash about anyone/anything i want....as long as I just put it in the form of a hyperlink? ;) If i was as much of an arse as some people seem to think... I'd take full advantage of that...

It would go a little something like this....

(Disclaimer: if you are offended by profanity, do not click this link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exZPdV0IwMk

and then we can just make fun of ppl under the comment section? :) I'm just kidding... that's not what i'm trying to do at all... despite many comments/thoughts ive gotten through some threads...its all laughed off. well most of it. Most of my threads / post, are about boating...then someone comes at me...and then it turns to banter. that's how it goes down. I prefer talking about boating :)

Hey pat... theres some Class II/III in that vidoe. check it out.
Last edited by FullGnarlzOC on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Good old Fred or Uncle Fester as we like to call him here in the house.

Louie=Gomez
Lucero=Mortitsha
Ana=Wednesday
Marcos=Plugley

therefore pinchelocogringo with the hair cut and all = Uncle Fester

I had a feelin that the ones who told you you aren't ready, wouldn't be on the UG or the UY. BTW makes sure Lenghty comes and tell Longboat that the Gauley is a river that will handled that coal barge he and lenghty paddle.

I am glad we ain't havin no lizzard lounge, and I will continue to just not read those post from people I don't care to hear what they have to say. Now Larry don't get those Cali stepins in a wad, because I still read your post. While it is true yours would be one of the first I didn't read, so far i still read everyones.......goes back to why I joined the Navy. I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. no matter how big of a whack job you are and again Larry i ain't alkin about you.