L'EDGE QUESTION/CONCERN..(edited for content to page 2)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

bow and stern lines to the bumber or underneath would have prevented that from happening. Sometimes - me included- us boaters can be a bit lazy tying boats on.... I have lost a couple of boats over the past 20 years and the consequences make me sick thinking of them.
Bill M
C Guru

bow and stern lines

Post by Bill M »

Just like throw ropes, are for the others that are near you! Not a rant it just worries me that so many don't use them.
Bill
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Yukon wrote:bow and stern lines to the bumber or underneath would have prevented that from happening. Sometimes - me included- us boaters can be a bit lazy tying boats on.... I have lost a couple of boats over the past 20 years and the consequences make me sick thinking of them.
Absolutely correct. I'd gotten lazy about not using bow and stern lines. Never again.
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

markzak wrote:Yeah, thats a crazy story, thats my worst fear, the entire rack ripping off. My subaru rack is rated at 150 lbs. and I'm sure I've had upwards of 1,000 lbs on it. Glad everyone was OK.
Being the driver of the truck following said vehicle, I can tell you the pucker factor was WAY up there when I saw the three boats take flight. I'm still pulling seat fabric out of my rear-end.
Kelvin
C Guru

Post by Kelvin »

Ha, ha,

And just think, all I was asking was is the L'Edge based purely on performance of is it designed for large Americans!

I'll have to get over there for a paddle, I think I may have a similar sense of humour to some of you!

Take it easy folks,

Kelvin.

Oh, I'm going to give the L'Edge a go!
http://www.sweet-skills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;