L'EDGE QUESTION/CONCERN..(edited for content to page 2)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Kelvin
C Guru

Post by Kelvin »

The Maxim is a long story.

Solito, no thank you! A friend of mine has one, she destroyed it in weekend on grade 3! No bad lines, no big impacts split it to the core in three places. Importer not interested, Evergreen not interested. Sorry that's been on my mind for a while, I recommended the boat!

Cheers,

Kelvin.
http://www.sweet-skills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

H2PRO
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

ADHESIVE!
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

As much as the "museum" consists of rec. only C1's, I have to admit I want to own a Departure I or II some day.
Keep the C!
Adam
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

2opnboat1 wrote:MAXIM
Since we're talking about plastic boats, are you saying that Mohawk is finally making a PE Maxim? The Maxim just doesn't seem to belong in a conversation with the Spanish Fly, the L'edge, and the Prelude.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Sir Adam wrote:As much as the "museum" consists of rec. only C1's, I have to admit I want to own a Departure I or II some day.
Not if I beat you to one. :wink:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

The Maxim is finally going PE

Post by 2opnboat1 »

If things work out (suppliers actually supplying) I will have pics up of the Pe Maxim this time next week
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

I think the "perfect" boat is like the "perfect" woman. There may be one that is perfect for you, but probably not one that is perfect for everybody. Try as many as you can and if you can't find one that fits all of your needs, if you can afford it, keep several. :evil:

If you happen to be female or a kayaker, feel free to substitute "man" for "woman" in the above statements as necessary to meet your needs.

Ducking :oops:
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Re: The Maxim is finally going PE

Post by ncdavid »

2opnboat1 wrote:If things work out (suppliers actually supplying) I will have pics up of the Pe Maxim this time next week
Any improvements being made to the hull? Bulkhead outfitting? I'm glad Mohawk is entering the PE world. Wish it was with a different boat, though.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

NC i am very happy that the Maxim is the boat we start with. I love the boat it is not for everyone I have found if you dont have the skills you hate it but if you are not in over your head you tend to like it not all boats are for everyone
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

I have sufficient skill for the Maxim. And I still don't like it. I much prefer the Spanish Fly and the Prelude (I own both). Yes, not all boats are for everyone. How many people has Mohawk found for the Maxim? Have you sold a dozen yet? There is a very good reason that you can't sell Maxims and that no store can keep the L'edge in stock. I'd like to see Mohawk succeed in the PE market, but Esquif owns the market and a PE Maxim isn't going to change that.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

A bit harsh?
watrwzrd
Pain Boater

Post by watrwzrd »

I still paddle the Departure and the Air on dam controlled water at 49degrees on the Smith River in Va so`s not to be bangin no rocks several times a summer tough but fun :evil: mostly paddle a Detonator,Skeeter,Taureau and love to paddle an old Phoenix glass C-wum Soon as I can manage I will get a L`edge . I personally like changing around to different boats makes some water harder and some easier . As for some of the other threads (Can`t we all just get along) BBBwahhhahahahahhhaaa
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Bah, just get both :D . My Maxim has taught me a lot about edges, hip control, and swimming :oops:

I think the L'Edge will be my go-to boat though, for durability and stability.

I hope to still take the Maxim out regularly on runs that I am familiar with.