Good bye

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Good bye

Post by Louie »

Phill has run cryin to the Admin and I am banned from the site.

Just like time has proven me right about Sarah Palin it seems that I was right about Phill also.
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

What? You're kidding right?
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

Say it ain't so!
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Looks like walden Ridge whitewater is about to get some traffic
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

To set the record straight, as Louie is not being completely honest here we have not "banned" him - if we had he could not post at the moment.

Given some language he chose to use that was far and above what he has in the past (which we have warned him about previously) we asked him to step back and not post here for a month and enjoy boating. He is not the only one we ended up sending a warning too, so we are not singling him out.

I also let him know after a month he is welcome back, provided be abide by the forum rules, as we do enjoy his humor and the sharing of the knowledge he has, and he HAS proven he can communicate (even in a southern "dialect") without using inappropriate language or personally attacking anyone.

Thank you all for your understanding, and we do wish Louie well and hope to see him back after Nov. 1.
Keep the C!
Adam
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Harsh!!! I find Louie colorful and nothing more. Louie I have a drysuit for you and you would fit right in the Klondike. I will send my dog team down for you and make u have a safe passage. By the time u get here the water will be flowing again. 6" of snow yesterday.
old
Pain Boater

Post by old »

I must say that you Yankees do amaze me! After 30 yrs in the army, no word, act, or display of anything will offend me. I just consider the source and it usually clears things right up. :o However, do not confuse offending with pissing me off or should I say making me mad, just in case pissing me off is a bad word.
Hey Tim, What rapid is this?
keez
C Guru

au revoir

Post by keez »

so you're giving the old boy a time out - not always effective with my kids, jury's out as to whether it'll work on Louie.
Maybe corporal punishment would be better, and with a kayak paddle would lend a sense of ignomy.
Louie, I for look forward to your return to this board. Your insights are one of the things that keep me coming back.
Geoff
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

If there are not consequences behind rules they don't mean much, do they?

I highly suspect Louie will find somewhere else to post, and for those that like to follow his escapades you may want to book that forum as well. Walden's Ridge (which has been mentioned) is a fine site and is linked to in the "Paddling Links" section. I do not know if Louie will be over there more, as that is his call.

This forum is not meant to be a free-for-all - we've gone though that time and time again, generally with the same folks. Louie outdid himself this time with verbage that I suspect would have (perhaps did) get him banned from Boatertalk.

I'll leave this post open a while longer, then lock the thread as we this is a boating forum, and not a soap opera :roll:
Keep the C!
Adam
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I was logged in at the right time to read the thread in question, and I did think the tone of it was *noteworthy*. I look forward to having Louie back, but I will not be critical of the admins for finding a middle ground in trying to maintain a certain environment on cboats.net.

Just my 2 cents,
Shep
old
Pain Boater

Post by old »

Fair enough on the middle ground. However, you Yankees still do amaze me!
Hey Tim, What rapid is this?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Ourselves too!

FWIW though the "owners" of this site are "yankees", the majority of the "brain trust" is south of the mason dixon... and always has been.

And I don't know if they like being called yankees or not :lol:

It is my hope that over time we can add moderators from other continents - NZMatt doesn't have the time these days, or he already would be one. There are a few other folks we're keeping track of, and may ask to help us out. It is not an easy task, nor an enjoyable one, but I am well aware of what this site would turn in to with no moderation.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Keep the C!
Adam
karstmaninaboat
Pain Boater

Post by karstmaninaboat »

Louie was called a lying shill by another member. Was the other member asked to take a break as well?

I have to wonder why anyone from Alabama would be offended about being called a redneck though... unless they were a yankee. Even MS and GA know folks from AL are rednecks. :lol:
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

On our old club forum we had a huge issue with it not being moderated. Personal attacks from known individuals, and those creating fake usernames to hide behind, was a normal thing. It prevented people from asking questions or speaking their mind for fear of getting dogpiled for fun. When moderation was mentioned it created a firestorm from the problem children screaming about censorship and being unAmerican and all that. In fielding the complaints as the club prez, I got many more email complaints from those offended than complaints about the suggestion to moderate the forum. Its not easy but I think you're doing what needs to be done. Thanks for the forum!

I enjoy Louie and will look forward to when he comes back.
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

Shep wrote:I was logged in at the right time to read the thread in question, and I did think the tone of it was *noteworthy*. I look forward to having Louie back, but I will not be critical of the admins for finding a middle ground in trying to maintain a certain environment on cboats.net.
I did NOT see the post in question by Louie but I was following that thread before it was removed (temporarily or permanently). I just want to make sure the site's "environment" does NOT discourage people from posting their opinions of new products, services and techniques in fear of either online abuse by other cboats members, or possible censorship/removal of posting priviledges. I have personally held back from publicly stating my personal views on cboats on a variety of topics, usually because i don't want to stir it up with people who frequent the board more than i do. There are other topics I willingly express my views even when controversial.

I just want to make sure everyone feels comfortable saying what they want to say in this forum. Obviously there are lines to be drawn. If we need to have a thread on "WHAT THE L'EDGE IS NOT" then we should feel free to do so and feel free to express any thoughts on the boat that might be of interest. How many BT posts have to seen just absolutely ragging on a manufacturer for whatever. I'm not saying we need to start a L'edge bashing thread, but we should at least be able to have a civil discussion about this boat and other topics which people have strong opinion on.

And I would like to thank the admins for their work and for cboats. I think we all agree that this is a great resource.