Y'all need to lighten the _ _ _ _ up!!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

I have swam out of my canoe ___ times this year

Poll ended at Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:27 am

one
18%
two
12%
three
18%
four
8%
five
14%
six
4%
seven
27%

Total votes: 51

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Y'all need to lighten the _ _ _ _ up!!!

Post by Craig Smerda »

Maybe this will help relieve some of the tension that's been going on in this place lately.

enjoy... http://www.vimeo.com/15417111

:lol:

Man... I hope you folks down South get some rain soon... really soon.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

swam 3 times out of my - at least for me - "high performance" Inferno

:D

Great fun though
imagine
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

I can't go over seven???? :lol: :lol:

Nice video btw!
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

I had "way too many" as a poll option but ????? :evil:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
coloradopaddler
C Guru

Post by coloradopaddler »

I swam twice out of my caption, and with the same partner. the first time we were surfing way too big of a wave and i kept putting us back in. when the whole bow and my partner went under i knew we were in trouble. the other time was a surprise eddy line in a rapid, good spot to swim though.
In a canoe you don't just float down a river: you're part of it- a silent water creature responsive to every surge and flex of current, gliding like a fingertip over a naked green body. "The River Why" David James Duncan
jatakasawa
C Guru

Oh yeah

Post by jatakasawa »

I've had limited time on the water this year...but even so, I've had at least 10 swims! Why, you ask? 'Cause swimming means you're having fun!!!!!!!! Also....New boat, time off the water, pushing the envelope and roll-practice.

Heck, I swam at the local quarry two weeks ago when I was rolling. My knee popped out of my outfitting which spurred that whole outfitting thread about two weeks ago. One time I managed to push my knee back into the strap and then roll. Pretty cool.

But yeah, I swim a lot. My roll is coming along in a most excellent way and I feel like the rest of 2010 and into 2011 will have less swims.

Nice post, Craig. Great video, too. Self-rescue should be as fundamental as the forward stroke.

:o
Chester the Brace Monkey.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Nice video! 8)

Oh wait I re-read that ... it says year.... not last time out! :oops: Well there go those results! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

T.N.T.C.
dixie_boater
C Guru

Swim confession poll

Post by dixie_boater »

I've swam a couple of times this year. I came out of my boat in the pool below Soc-em-dog. The other time was on Clear Creek in the Emory Obed.

On another note, if the L'edge had never been built Louie and Phil would not have had a heated exchange on this forum about that boat, resulting in Louie getting quarantined. So it's all Craig's fault as I see it :lol: He was the direct cause of all the tension :evil:

For the record I ain't knocking the boat. Just making an observation.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

my best swim this year was on the lower gauley. in flat water. i didn't put my thigh straps back on after psh. i was really, really safe and paddling hard to catch up to my raft trip. i'd planned on it being cool and overcast and it was a warm, sunny day so i was burning up in my drytop. i remembered i had not slid back into my thigh straps after flipping over to cool off.

most of my other swims this year were a lot less funny, but the great thing about c1 is that i can always blame my outfitting.
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I swam out of my boat at least 5 times last time I went paddling. I can't even imagine how many times I've gone swimming this year...
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

one of my butt boating friends just saw your video and emailed me...

"Mark... we already know that canoeists swim all the time, they're all experts at swimming anyway, whats the need for the instructional video? Maybe a video on how to stay upright or how to warn kayakers when you're about to clear out an eddy would be more appropriate."

Funny thing is, this guy swam more than me this year, I have zero swims out of my open boat and 2 swims out of C1 creekboat this year.
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Oh, it said per year. I typically lose count on the number of swims I have in one trip.
Brewbeer
C Boater

Post by Brewbeer »

I swam out on my nitro three times last weekend up at West Fest, once each run. Twice in Initiation, once in the flat water ½ way through the run. I usually swim at least once per outing. Maybe I should work on learning to roll?
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

What? No "zero" choices? How's Dooley or Eli going to be able to answer that poll?