Spice L C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Spice L C1

Post by marclamenace »

Any thoughts on this boat as a C1?

http://www.fluidkayaks.com/wwkayaks/spice.html

Found one on the database here, but the blurb is from fluid, not saying so much for the boat as a canoe.

http://www.cboats.net/c_db/list.php?typ ... =Spice%20L

Looks to me like it's wide enough to be stable and edgy enough to be playful, could be a nice riverplay for catching waves on the fly in the less challenging runs...
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Mission
C Boater

Post by Mission »

Paddled one a couple of years ago (was still paddling kayak at the time though so probably not much use to you).
It felt good! Id say it would be a decent enough c1, nice and stable and reasonably fast.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

The spice is a massively under-appreciated boat... I expect it would make a very good c1, a bit like a less slicy version of an early 2000's playboat.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Yeah so I was surprised not to find more around here about it: one of the few riverplay boat that's so wide (27 inches) with a planing hull and interesting edges. A little longer also than a dedicated playboat, looks interesting as a C1 and have got really nice reviews as a K too. I may try to convert one next year.
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

it makes a very good C1. Very stable, forgiving, nice edges.

I tested it only once without proper outfit (Dagger console fixed with duckt tape) and liked it - even I was way to light for it.

A friend of mine has it and likes it a lot.

Some pictures of another friend that had it (but gave up C1): http://www.wildwasserboard.de/topic-thr ... ge=3069866
imagine
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Thanks Fez!

How much do you weight about? I am about 165pounds with nothing on me... Looks like I might be a little light too or not?

:roll:
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

I guess this could be ok, these friends of mine have something about 170 - 180 pounds.

I have just 136 pounds, I was to light for the boat, but still it was fun!
imagine