Winter Project No. ???

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Shep wrote:
TheKrikkitWars wrote: Well Ideally, (and in MK II) the two curves that form the hull should meet in such a way that the chine need not neccesarily be rounded at all, as it's the two curves and not their union which is having that effect...
??? I'm confuzzed. :(
I think it'll make sense when I post the second iteration of this design.
Last edited by TheKrikkitWars on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

the great gonzo wrote:I think in an open boat staying at the surface is a higher priority than resurfacing.

TGG!
That's something I've been putting a good bit of thought into lately. There are situations when I want to be able to plug- when a boat that wants to stay on the surface is going to stop hard. It doesn't even have to be all that big of a drop. But it's something that has to be balanced with a boat that will stay dry when I don't want to plug. It's not something I've worked out in my mind yet.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Keep the ideas coming, ideas are great. Too bad it is not so easy to take the concept to the paddling stage. We need some kind of cnc boat carving machine
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

The square end looks good for ramming stuff.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I realised that I didn't post the second iteration of this... it's all angular, which isn't quite what I was aiming for, but the cad software demands a much more powerful computer than mine so it's ended up looking like this.

Enjoy!
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)