C-Squirt stuff - New vid and I'm DONE

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Aric
Pain Boater

Post by Aric »

yeah, that's me at Rincon, If you bring your boat this year there will be three c boats at the rendezvous. your boat is looking good, I look forward to seeing you get it seamed back together.

Aric
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I'm plannng on Rincon and have a newbie k squirter comming too. The interior glassing is going great, should have it complete on Sunday.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Almost done!
Ultra high tech volume reducing squeezy thingy
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Post by adamin »

I must say, you now have one of the sleekest, sinkiest looking acro's out there.

Job well done 8)
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Thanks! :)

That pic is of me squishing the bow while the epoxy dries on the glassed in backbone. Tomorrow night is pool night, can't wait!
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Well I'm done... whew... All new outfitting too.. easier to sink the nose after some squishing of the bow.

Here's the vid- as always, feel free to give me tips! At the end I was fooling around with stern stalls into a back deck roll.

http://www.vimeo.com/18072117
MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Post by MrTgrips »

Love the snappy back deck roll. Lookin good, now to bring it to river feature and work on your entry Charc..... :)
I always thought that song would go well with a squirt vid too. 8)
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Nice!! Looking very good, the boat looks nicely trimmed and balanced.
Is there any way you can lower the saddle? From the picture it looks to me like it is about 6" high. My experiance with the acrobat was that a low saddle was really key for throwing it around. It gets yous hips closer to the pivot point of the logitudal axis of the boat and makes it so much easier to control it. I went as low as about 4". Thats when I could really concentrate on throwing around instead of staying upright.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Gonzo- Good eye, its right at 6". I've a bit more work to do on the outfitting (ankle blocks not right) so I'll shorten it down to 4" and see if that helps. Well I'm sure it will help, guess I'll see if I can survive with it that low.

Anyone else notice that pool water turns epoxy seam lines grey? Whats up with that? Any way to prevent that?
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I also feel like I'm slipping back too much. The backband in the Ceemweaver looks like the best fix but I can't figure out how to mount it since my acro doesn't have those thigh braces. Suggestions? Gonzo- whats your thoughts on those braces and how hard would they be to fabricate? Was thinking that an option would be to glass in simple hip pad risers that would also serve as the anchor point for the back band but I just can't picture it being strong enough to hold.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

The thighbraces did not work for me, They do not prevent you from sliding back and added a lot of volume. I trimmed them back as much as possible, leaving only two 'towers' as attachment points for the backband.
I tried several things, foam block for the bum, toe blocks to push against, but the ultimate solution was the backband. In fact the backpand and kneeblock alone keep me in the boat already, the thigh straps are there to give me that rock solid boat contact that I need to trow it around. If you can find a way to anchor a backband, that may be the best solution. But there can be a good deal of force on them, so the anchorage point needs to be strong.
You may find that lowering the saddle may already cure that problem. I was sliding back in my Bat when the saddle was at the original height ~5.5 ", I believe), but once I lowered it to 4" i was in there good.
As far as lowering the saddle, if you cut the saddle sown carefully you may be able to keep the cut piece as a raising cushing for cruising easier sections. I did that on mine. High seat in the flats, low in big rapids or when I wanted to throw it around.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Smurfwarrior wrote:Anyone else notice that pool water turns epoxy seam lines grey? Whats up with that? Any way to prevent that?
The epoxy turning grey is simply because of early exposure to water (and heavily-chlorinated water at that :o ). It is preferred to wait at least 5 days before taking the boat out on the water. But this is late information, I guess. :wink:

That has been a really cool and informative project to watch. Thanks for keeping us updated with your progress.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Aric
Pain Boater

Post by Aric »

that looks great! looks like a cartwheel machine. hmm, maybe I'll have to cut mine down....

Aric
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Thanks for the comments everyone, now if I could only find the auto cartwheel button on this thing....

Headed out to cut the seat down then comfort test it in front of the tv
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

and... is there any way to fix the epoxy color? Might just leave it as is and deal with it.