patch project

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Mr. Deadlegs, my Synergy is already 12 years old, and going strong! As for the Genesis, it would probably make a good cruiser for multiple overnights with occasional whitewater. You really can't do that sort of thing properly with an Ocoee.
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

The Genesis is definitely a big a boat by today's standards for day runs, but it excels as a solo tripper. You can pack a lot of gear and weight in it and it's still very maneuverable. I took mine on a two-week self-support trip last year and was carrying more than my share of the group gear.
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

According to my calculations the boat is actually 17 years old but my Outrage is 14 years old and I wouldn't consider parting with it and I don't plan on parting with the Genesis either. I'll make planters out of old tires.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

BAAAAAA CUT EM UP !!!!! Find a boat that was built in this decade. Tired of you dusty old farts bragging on how long you can keep some dead butt old boat floating. Support the Sport, Buy a New Boat at leat once a decade!!!
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

I'm not that old and I do have a new boat from this decade. I'm one of the lucky ones who owns more than one boat.
Bullwinkle
c

Post by Bullwinkle »

Send me all your old Impulses, Genesises and H2Pros. Iowa hasn't even discovered THEM yet and they are perfect for the Class 1 water the state offers. Recycle baby!!!, we're only 20 years behind the curve!! Then they can support the manufacturers' new creations.

DM&FS
"I think it's a crime that only one company can manufacture the Monopoly game"- Steven Wright
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

The Genesis make for a decent tendem boat, my brother in law turn his into one and it,s a fun boat in class 2-3+ water!!
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

Mr.DeadLegs wrote:BAAAAAA CUT EM UP !!!!! Find a boat that was built in this decade. Tired of you dusty old farts bragging on how long you can keep some dead butt old boat floating. Support the Sport, Buy a New Boat at leat once a decade!!!
what about that Whitesell?

it wasnt made in this century...

altho i got to admit the Dagger Ocoee that my dad paddles was made in '89 and it has more glass than royalex these days ... but then again you cant beat a good classic
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/