Boat Color

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Boat Color

Post by 2opnboat1 »

How much does the color of a boat affect your buying one.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Quite a bit actually.... I hated the color of my Zoom. I like the Red L'Edge for visibility and wish that my Blackfly was not Orange. Might sound quite superficial but if the spark were not camo I'd own one.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

When I was ready for a Sith, they offered me a great deal on one they experimented w/ green car paint on. I spent hundreds more & waited a while to get what I wanted.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I dislike the color of the Acrobat that I am getting on Monday and have already seriously looked into my options to get it the color I want. I think color is important :)
Paddler
Pain Boater

Post by Paddler »

Boat color hasn't regularly been a consideration, but if I had the financial backing to buy a boat of my choosing I would always try to buy a boat that was brightly colored. For me boat choice has always been about hull design, outfitting and color are lower in the hierarchy of needs, but could influence a decision. For example, I really like the outfitting eskimo has for the salto, but I don't like the hull of the salto, and I really love the burn's hull, but think the outfitting leaves something to be desired so I have always leaned towards the Burn. There is really too much diversity of needs for there to be a commonality about these sort of things.
The line will become apparent
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Smurfwarrior wrote:I dislike the color of the Acrobat that I am getting on Monday and have already seriously looked into my options to get it the color I want. I think color is important :)
What? You don't like the psychedelic Sesame Street "brought to you by the number 1" theme? :lol:
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Well from the pics I'm lukewarm on the design Maybe I'll like it in person. Will know tomorrow. :)
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Color Smolor it is all about the hull. hades I even had a FUSCIA Encore. It is not a fashion show out there, unless you wear a skirt. I assume that all of you that are concerned about boat color have color coordinated pfds, helmets, spray tops and airbags. LOL you guys as sooooooooo ALTERNATIVELY minded. Get your fashionable boats and acessories and find some nice river in downtown San Francisco to prance around in. I don't care what color the boat is, if the hull is good. Although I would love a little creeker in camo with camo or green bags for poaching runs.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

So you have no preference on the color of the vehicle you drive? I find that hard to believe. We're not discussing the quality of the design, just colors. :)
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Nope don't care what color my cars are, one is multi with salvage panels, the others were merely what was a good low mileage car with a good price. As far as the comparison in cars goes, would you not buy a clearly superior car because it didn't come in a color you wanted?
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Hummm... good counter-question. Depends if the better car was pink or something. I'd keep looking if I really really didn't like the color. Anyway, having a preference on color doesn't make anyone a poofter.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Easy fellows
This is a question because spartech has raised the minimum order.
It used to be you had to order 10 sheets of each model now it is a min of 10 sheets of each color for each model. So if we carry four colors we now have to order 40 sheets per boat multiply that by 17 and now you can see the problem.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Easy answer : red :D

Or white and throw in three cans of Krylon in the color(s) of choice.
Last edited by sbroam on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Sooooooo can we have a poll as far as what boats we want in what color, and the winning color gets the run for that order. Is Spartec offering multi color? Snake Skin Viper, Star themed Probe, Camo Maxim?
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Problem with being fussy about colour is that not all manufacturers give you a choice.

Smurf made a good point -- visibility.

I've been known to swim "occasionally," and I think it's important to be visible. Black, blue, green and purple gear is hard to spot in big waves, or twilight conditions.

For me -- if the gear is available in different colours, white or yellow is the colour of choice, for helmet or boat especially.

It ain't about lookin' good, it's about being rescued!

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !