How many Cboats Admins have ever boated with Louie???

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

Post by adkSara »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:Are there 10 year olds on this forum? grandmas?... By keeping it PG and G.... You are lame-ifying it, and making it way less entertaining. And its that entertainment that keeps people checking this site every single day. Not "G" Rated threads and such.
Actually, there are quite a few families; grandmothers, grandfathers, and someday I hope my daughter, when she's on the river and working on boats with her father, will be able to read, access and learn from this site.

This site and forum is about the love of the sport, being on the river and sharing that in a way that is understood across the board. Inside jokes, rivalries, awful jokes and nasty posts are not, and should never be part of this Cboats.net community. This is part of why I'm so proud of it.

As said many, many times to you and others... this is how this forum is set up, there are specific guidelines that have been debated and written to guide you. If you do not like it, please feel free to create a forum that better fits your vision.
Last edited by adkSara on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
adkSara
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

as always craig. nice picture. great contribution.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

"As said many, many times. This is how this forum is set up, there are specific guidelines that have been debated and written to guide you. If you do not like it, please feel free to create a forum that better fits your vision."

Well that's most likely what is going to happen. Create a medium where people can joke, have a good time, and share there experiences... because in reality... that is hardly done on cboats. Its always the same people, talking about the same BORING CRAP.
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I have probably typed in 5 or 10 posts during the last 6 months and closed the window before I posted any of them, but I'm tired of people whining and moaning, so this time I'm following through.

A lot of the posts over the last 6 months or so are down-right trolling. It's a waste of bandwidth and everyone's time. I'm still relatively new to this forum, and there are some regular posters that I don't feel like I "know" yet, but to the ones that have been controversial at times, I want to say this: I strongly believe that this forum is better for your posting here.

Louie, I am really glad that you have been posting semi-regularly again. Tommy, your first posts kindof drove me nuts, but I think the whole "gnarlz" conversation has developed some nuance, and some of the more recent posts are fantastic. Wayne, you have demonstrated your experience time and again, and that, combined with your newly-minted canoeing career give you a really unique perspective. (And you are a pretty great videographer/producer to boot.)

But Tommy and Wayne, if you are going to post more about your issues with the moderation of this forum than canoeing, then stop talking and start doing.

Here's to hoping we can get back to talking about canoeing.

Best Regards,
Paul Shepherd
TonyB
CBoats Addict

hmm

Post by TonyB »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:As I said to Adam in a PM.... Star Players get special treatment.

In HS, my coach let me get away with things that other players wouldn't. And parents would get pissed about it, and btch about it... but the fact of the matter was, their kids sucked...and I single handedly won games.

Louie is a star player in the Cboat community. Not the people that are offended by any little prodding comment. Louie brings traffic to this site. Not the lurkers, not lame members.
Come on Tom! you sound like a a drunk whining about your mate getting chucked out of a bar for indescent exposure.

they keep saying how they want to run their house, let em run it.

You said ya wanted your own Adult Gnar site, I think ya just dont want the reponsibility of runnin it. Soon there 'll be people critisizin how you run a site

Maybe if you keep nice nice here they'll give ya a link. so after people get their questions answered, they'll check out your site for a larf and get their answers questioned.

T-Bone
Proud Yankee
Al Donaldson
Pain Boater

Thanks, Shep!

Post by Al Donaldson »

Shep:

You said it better than I could have done, so I'll just agree.

Regards,

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Avenue
Cedar Falls, IA
(319) 277-3194
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:"As said many, many times. This is how this forum is set up, there are specific guidelines that have been debated and written to guide you. If you do not like it, please feel free to create a forum that better fits your vision."

Well that's most likely what is going to happen. Create a medium where people can joke, have a good time, and share there experiences... because in reality... that is hardly done on cboats. Its always the same people, talking about the same BORING CRAP.
Dude... I'm known to swear like a sailor and say a lot of innapropriate things... but frankly there's a time and place for it.

This ain't that place... never has been.

I guess if people don't like it... they shouldn't let the door hit them on the way out.

In closing... again...

[Children:]
There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say "cuckoo"
[Marta, Gretl, Brigitta:]
Cuckoo, cuckoo

[Children: Marta, Gretl, Brigitta: ]
Regretfully they tell us Cuckoo, cuckoo
But firmly they compel us Cuckoo, cuckoo
To say goodbye . . .
Cuckoo!
. . . to you

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
[Marta:]
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
[Friedrich:]
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
[Liesl:]
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
[Kurt:]
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
[Brigitta:]
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
[Louisa:]
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
[Gretl:]
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

[Guests:]
Goodbye!
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

smerda for prez!
Larry
mattbcha
C Boater

tommy: dude

Post by mattbcha »

then go away. i am a big fan of louie and the video you produced. i also believe that you are a great ambassador for the sport. you are a WAY better boater than i will ever be. that said... if you dont like it then go away!!! follow the rules or go create your own site for the "cool" folk

matt hagan
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Ya that's it... I'll just shut up about something when I think its a mistake. That's the way to go about it.

I only btch about something when I feel its necessary. and I'm sorry you guys disagree and don't see eye to eye. I am here for one reason and 1 reason only. And I'll give you a hint...It's not to make friends. I make friends on the river.

Keep doing what you guys are doing. Ya'll hve been doing a great job so far. :D

My issue is... people haveing a certain stigma about open boaters. And its largely in part do to the personalities, or lack there of on this site. I've said it before several times... WE NEED A CULTURE CHANGE IN THIS SPORT. Canoers r seen as lame old men. And I hate to be grouped in that. AND THE WORST PART IS... I CANT BLAME PEOPLE FOR THINKING THAT WAY.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

I have posted 550 times in less than a year, I highly doubt most of them r me complaining...

I do take issue on stuff like this (moderation) because I think that it's hurtful to the sport (which is messing with my MO). That's just my opinion tho.

But at least people can comfortably talk about their outfitting, csquirts, and "why they cant roll" without having to worry about getting poked at. THANK GOD

can I say god? Because I'm sure thats offensive to people on here...why not censor that too?
Last edited by FullGnarlzOC on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

Craig Smerda wrote:[[Children:]
There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say "cuckoo"
Cuckoo, cuckoo

[Children: Marta, Gretl, Brigitta: ]
Regretfully they tell us Cuckoo, cuckoo
But firmly they compel us Cuckoo, cuckoo
To say goodbye . . .
Cuckoo!
. . . to you

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
[Marta:]
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
[Friedrich:]
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
[Liesl:]
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

[Kurt:]
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
[Brigitta:]
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
[Louisa:]
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
[Gretl:]
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

[Guests:]
Goodbye!

what is this, a musical or something?
Joe
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

craigs bedtime song.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Pardon me, but are you aiming that csquirt comment at me?
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

i remember as a kid.. my mom used to tell me to "go out and play"

i wonder what she was really saying..
Larry