If you could only own one boat...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Having never paddled a Sith (though i would like to) and being of the opinion that i'd destroy anything glass on a UK river... I reckon a Bliss Stick SCUD convertion would be my choice, I miss mine a lot; though I do feel like I *Need* a long slicy sithlike playboat...
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Lennart
Pain Boater

Post by Lennart »

I hope you mean an kneeling whitewaterboat.

Because if it was only one boat total I would not be a Whitewaterboat.

Kneeling I think riverrunplayish boat. could be ledge, sp fly, ion, prelude, maxim, zoom, rodeo or something llike that.

I think I will never paddle enough in all thse boats to make a final decission. Just paadle the thinks that come along. at this time probe 11 or cu fly.
Propper Writing in English, how do you do that, with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language
sorry fore all the mistakes.
tokebelokee
C Guru

Post by tokebelokee »

Spanish Fly, Super Fly, etc.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

MrTgrips wrote:OK Craig, you brought it up. :wink:
Who's got a Departure?
How many were made?
I think I need to take one for a spin. :)
Talked at some point at length to Ed from Murky Water, who built all the massive boats, about it. He still has one kicking around. There are also a few still kicking around in barns in the ottawa Valley, although I have never seen one on the river.
I want to paddle one some day...

The hull is, according to Ed, exactly the same as the Massive Air. They were all built inn the same mold, the difference was then in how far down the sidewalls were trimmed. Ed still has the mold at his shop, and it looks like it's good to go, too!

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

I'm still continuing my love affair with the Prelude and find despite the fact I have a garage full of other choices (Phantom, Ocoee, Outrage, Ovation, Solito), I always choose the Prelude. The boat is bomber and I feel bomber in it. The boat excels in so many things, and one thing in particular--when I get off my line and have to go to a plan B or even plan C, the boat and I are in total sync and make it out of trouble. I catch the same tiny eddies in it that my kayak friends do. And when it comes to surf waves, the Prelude reigns. Plus, as many have noted here, once you have a PE boat, it's hard to imagine going back to Royalex.
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

perfect boat in existance? well my boat of choice will have to be the Savage Skeeter ..... paddled it for a really long time and its really predictable

boat of the future? wouldnt mind trying the new boats by blackfly
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

If I had to choose only one boat, I'd want something I could do everything in well, not one or two things great. I'd take an OT Appalachian or a nova craft prospector. Solo or tandem, whitewater or flats, tripping or class iv play. Something all round would allow me to do more
Chris Loomis
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Tenzing wrote:If I had to choose only one boat, I'd want something I could do everything in well, not one or two things great.
Great point, Chris!

Gotta be a Clipper Merganser, with 3-way saddle! Great tandem boat, and, despite its size, lively enough for solo play.

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

If I had the skill to paddle it properly, Id lean toward a PE Zoom. but since I dont and it dont exist. Ill clamp my L'edge into my Mad River Explorer as an escape pod and call it one boat.

but one boat? Id say an Ocoee if ya promise me the royalex wount wear out.
Proud Yankee
mattm
C Guru

okay, new rules

Post by mattm »

[quote="TonyB" Ill clamp my L'edge into my Mad River Explorer as an escape pod and call it one boat.
/quote]

Not my dream, but this reality works out okay
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2494 ... 6337zkajCZ
so glad for Krylon, ABS and acetone.Squirt, sail, paddle and pole.
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

L'edge open version

Post by Wendy »

I have sold all my other OC1s, shredder. I also have a Bandit.
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

If I had to get rid of my fleet, and have only 1 then I would want a Millbrook AC/DC
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Excellent choice Craig! I would pick the Prowler for my one boat.

JKaz
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

only one boat, it would be a kayak, sorry.
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

For now would be something really close to my spark.. although more repairable or more sturdy would be preferred, so probably no royalex.
Depending on where I'm going in the future (steeper or more control.. hehe, as if that was mutually exclusive) it could be either a L'Edge or some sturdy-layup kazmas-present.

Ah, constrictions. I guess I would have to quit "flatter"water paddling altogether, otherwise it would end up being a wood/canvas prospector.