women, boating, and...the ULTIMATUM

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

women, boating, and...the ULTIMATUM

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

So my girlfriend and I have been on the rocks lately...and boating has been one of the main culprits behind the problem. She recently gave me an ultimatum that I needed to figure out the answer to by the time she got off of work..."It's either me, or boating...you decide"

6 hrs later...she comes home, probably eagerly awaiting my 'decision'... well she comes into the bedroom...and there I am - laying in bed...with the Detonator.

She said a couple choice words and stormed out... and I haven't heard from her since...
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

In all honesty...I made almost all of that up...

But...that's more or less exactly how it would go down if I ever got 'The Ultimatum'

Remember.... Make sure your boat is small enough to fit in ur bed, in case youuuu ever run into 'The Ultimatum"

....god I need to get on the water.
malone
Pain Boater

Post by malone »

my wife found me in the bed with my old Riot 007 ....what a threesome that became....
Stern Grabs, Splats, and big Enders........
ahhh the married life ain't so bad....as long as you have a class V ole lady...rafted the UG at 6 months pregnant with River, rode her GSXR 750 until he was 8 months in the womb, and is the best shuttle driver ever, always has beer on ice in the middle of no where. She is quiet a nice shot with her Ruger & Glocks too....

I guess I got lucky, I found my G.R.I.T.S (Girl Raised In The South)
Go Big...
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

malone. sounds like u hit the jackpot. ... dont forget about the stern pry
Brewbeer
C Boater

Post by Brewbeer »

LOL That was a good one.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I gotta say when i say the topic i thought "oh no, here we go again"

:) your funny
Larry
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Tommy, Boater Bliss in NJ. Around campfires I've shocked a few when conversations like these come up.

I've never been told I can't go boating in 10 years of 60-100days a year.

Never told I can't get a boat or have to get rid of a boat.

I've Never been told I can't stay out an extra day, 2 days...or even 3 extra days boating as recently as early this month with tom. I love 4 day trips.

My personal Favorite, leaving at 6pm on my way to upstate New York, we decided to chase some water and then not even getting a shocked tone in her voice the next morning when I called her from the Tellico. :o But then again this is the woman that let me take my 9 year old son dead vertical ice climbing full rope lengths with out blinking or even a question.....I really expected resistance on that one. The wife defines easy going as long as you don't get between her and food when she's hungry. :wink:

Oh the one thing she does get annoyed with is how I distroy a great song when she has to hear it...again...and AGAIN while I video edit....even through the earphones she heard the The Gnarlz Canoe Movie soundtrack blasting and I thought I was being good. Evidently its akin to washboard water torture to hear me edit 1 second clips over a 20 second patch of song for 2 hours. :evil:

on the flip side I do all the cooking 365 days a year which greatly helps my cause.
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

I hear it has everything to do with the size of your paddle.
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

One look at your Detonator and she should really be thinking she got off lucky.... :wink:
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Re: women, boating, and...the ULTIMATUM

Post by TonyB »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:So my girlfriend and I have been on the rocks lately...and boating has been one of the main culprits behind the problem. She recently gave me an ultimatum that I needed to figure out the answer to by the time she got off of work..."It's either me, or boating...you decide"

She said a couple choice words and stormed out... and I haven't heard from her since...
I was worried, I thought you were talking about Creeker for a minute.

My girl last year drove to NC to buy me a "surprise" xmas Nitro while I was out paddling. This year she's slowly stealing my paddle cat away from me. Right now she's getting me a beverage.

ahh the good life.
Proud Yankee
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

I would have picked a better-looking boat to go to bed with then the Detonator. I have always thought that was one, ugly-butt boat.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I divorced the non-boating, 3 years younger than me one and am marrying a solid boater who is 16 years younger than me :) Found one who could keep up. hahah
jatakasawa
C Guru

Post by jatakasawa »

Seriously.....is this even a question?

Boating never talks back.

Boating always leaves you satisfied and fulfilled.

Boating doesn't gripe at you when you go boating!

Can you ride your GF down the gnarly gnar, bounce off some flakes and pencil her in the frigid waters? I think not, although I would pay to see that. She'd probably complain about patchin' her up with an old "no parking" sign anyway. Your boat hasn't said a word has it?

I know this isn't even a concern of yours anyway. The "right" woman won't give you too much crap over boating.

(Sorry, Rachel, if Tom is dumb enough to let you read this...but it is what it is.)

My wife grumbles here and there, but she understands my deep connection to canoeing and we try to keep a bit of balance with my road-trips and my family time. The best is to bring my family out with me and make them a part of it. Something I'm working on now. Later.
Chester the Brace Monkey.
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

Going boating it is 32 degrees
Wife looks at me shakes her head and says your CRAZY!

Raining out going boating

I come home tell her I did my first class IV rapid more like a big III
I am all excited!

I bring home a new boat
Don't you have enough boats!

You want to come with me
NO I do not like the rocks

I have taken her and I scared her to much so I have a hard time getting her to come
Basically I go once a week Saturday or Sunday from March to Nov
I can only afford 1 trip a week end because it cost me usually $60 dollars for gas
and she does not complain

Memorial Day 4th of July and Labor day I go for a 3-4 day weekend and she does not complain
So when she ask me to go some where with her I do
She is pretty good about me going and she likes me getting the exercise!
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

NICE JOB SMURF. eye on the prize. eye on the priizeeee...