River with the most Repeat Value?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

craig, you gotta do the uy! i'll meet you there this summer if you want, make a trip out of it. :D
Joe
pyc1
C Boater

Post by pyc1 »

I think it's pretty dependent on where you live(d) and what was running all the dry summer long. For me it was the Ocoee. Sometime in the late 90s I and a few other locals followed Bailey Johnson down the river on an "alternate routes" trip. We did a lot of interesting stuff I never would have thought of doing- e.g. at the putin ferrying across the current beside the ramp and attaining, running the rock slide on far river left at Broken Nose, etc. Our job was to do what Bailey did- as best we could- and we were really tired at the end of that day.
BigNasty
c

Post by BigNasty »

What ever one I'm on. Big Sandy is most likely on the top of the list but the Cranberry is fun do to its just down the road.
With luv
Big Nasty
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

In the east it's a toss up between the Upper Yough and the Big Sandy. If the Big Sandy is up while I'm in the area I almost always paddle it instead of the UY because it doesn't run as often.

IMO the best overall repeat river is the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. Over the last two decades I've been extremely fortunate to get on it once or twice every year.

Jim
greybear
C Guru

Post by greybear »

I e always enjoy the Nolichucky but enjoy the French Broad and Ocoee as well. All of them have number of great lines. I problaly run the Noli an average of 6 to 7 times a year always at different levels from 400cfs to 2500 cfs. It is a great river.
Lennart
Pain Boater

Post by Lennart »

soca, inn, loferbach, sun kosi.
Only down side to the soca is the lack of tribs
Propper Writing in English, how do you do that, with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language
sorry fore all the mistakes.
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Upper Yough or Green Narrows depending on your taste level for the Gnar.
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

yo yo

Post by Longboatin »

Hey mcgnar whats yer usual putin time fer the UY? im thnkin i may have ta bask in the spectacle, an maybe learn sumthin?
Kanukid
C Boater

Post by Kanukid »

Gore Canyon - Colorado River

1. Consistent flows year round. Although, they do vary widely.
2. Great place to build skill sets; multiple lines to chose from, ferrys, boofs, sneaks and meat.
3. Classic Western Big Water Class 5
4. ITS COLORADO!!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Hudson River....

17 mile gorge, III-IVish in the summer, III-IV in late spring / early fall, IV-V in big water (spring or a good summer rain)

The character of each rapid changes dramatically at different flows, and a good rain will do that.

4 releases a week in the summer

Want easier paddling, or friends want to tube while you play? No problem... just put in a mile or two downstream from the take out for some class II II+ action.. or further down for II-III.

I am biased though :wink:
Keep the C!
Adam
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Longbotr(dave?) - I put on around 1-1:30 and get to wait rock rightabout when the water is getting there... usually there on Friday/Saturday. You should definitely come out(bring lengthy too), I would love to see some form of a long boat out there... bring floats tho ;) I dont want to have to chase that sucker without flotation again.... Although I bet the UY would be more favorable than the savage.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

huh

Post by Longboatin »

foolgnar you sure you got yer times writ? Of all yer runs down the uy it seem I run across ya only once all last summer. You hadda bin at the putin afore i arrive even in friendville. My homie ride u up there in his truck. Dude that was like 11:30!!!! When we gits up to the putin, at a better time mind, you nowheres to be seen.

whadda ya do, run ahead the bubble? is that the gnar secret?
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Hey, Kanukid, what's your name? (is this Justin? I don't recognize the username) We should go boating some time when I'm in Colorado. I go out there every summer.

Have you paddled an open boat down Gore Canyon? It's a sick run. I canoed it in 2009.