How about the OC1 runability of this CL 5+

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Richard if you're ever north it's very easy to chase rain in the Poconos from far away. Water generally stays up for a few days on the Rkill at least....If it's huge you have arguably one of the best combo locations to hit on the eastcoast. Van campens, Adams, Raymondkill, hornbecks....all in Pa.
rockyboater
C Guru

Post by rockyboater »

I think this drop would get better with more water. I'd double up on the foam under my knees and pray to God I didn't piton. Possible .....Yes. :lol:
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

A piton would be a monster wreck but I don't think anyone will piton while sticking to the normal line. you can land hard flat there. that hit in the video was hardest I ever landed that drop.

Great Gonzo....Canoeing Big Splat is way more skill than Flirting. After running it juiced I like it bigger too. Splat is a great drop..... but I never feel at home running it. I've tapped that piton rock once too but just a graze. I'll always remember my 1st day with $6000 of other peoples camera equipment in my boat.....like anyone really needs more pressure there. :wink:

btw they say that the outflow moving by the piton rock is greatly reduced. shifted boulder in highwater? A guy landed more towards the hole maybe a year ago and couldn't get to the outflow as we normally would expect... got chundered into the undercut under the falls losing his paddle.....found another lost paddle in the undercut, rolled and paddled out... :o :o :o
Other close calls reported too. Just spreading the word if you haven't heard it yet.
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

I can't believe someone swam that drop and lived. I also know a guy who swam Big Splat. He got his helmet ripped off, but was okay.

There is some luck out there . . .

Alden