Behavior on forum

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Two more cents' worth (CAD -- it's been above par lately!):

In every sport, there will be prima donnas. They may be obnoxious at times, but they add spice. Their accomplishments at the pinnacle are entertaining, and worth celebrating.

They may be annoyingly high-maintenance, (but probably worth the cost.)

For every prima donna, there are a thousand minor league coaches, and a hundred-thousand minor league athletes plodding around on the field, the mat, the ice, or on Class II rivers.

But ". . .dragging the sport down"? NOPE -- rather building it up by firming up the foundations. (I'm a Class II plodder. Last week, in the pool, I taught an 11-year-old kid to roll my C-1. BIG smile on his face. He's hooked, and he will eventually buy a boat, and help ensure the future of our sport.)

Sir Adam & Co. -- PLEASE keep on keeping on. Your contributions are HUGE, and I'm one who salutes your tireless efforts. THANK YOU!

Here's one suggestion for the Admins: By all means, PLEASE go on editing as you see fit, in accordance with the clearly-stated policies. The vast majority is firmly behind you.

But you tend to weaken your stance by continually reminding us about the rules. It makes you sound defensive, and you don't need to be. You don't need to justify your actions -- your strength is what makes this board so valuable.

Again, THANKS for a job well done.

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

We note the rules and modifications to let folks know why there was a change... but the point is well made that repeating might be over the top. Just an FYI we also try to notify folks as to modifications to their specific post where possible!

Again thanks everyone and keep on keeping the C moving forward!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
boatbuster
CBoats Addict

So who got banned?

Post by boatbuster »

Just kidding, I think I know. but was it more than one person?

I thank the administrators for keeping things civil and for giving canoeists a great place to share information. What a great resource cboats.net is.