ALF Footage + pictures

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

ALF Footage + pictures

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

www.fullgnarlz.com

Check out that first line in the Maxim on Watauga. Also check out the last line in the vid, of the Maxim launchin 18ft Wonderfalls on the Lower Big Sandy.

Maxim boofs like a dream. just sayin.
Last edited by FullGnarlzOC on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
clarion
C Guru

Post by clarion »

Way to save the bottom of your boat! :D
It AIN'T bent.
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

I didn't notice the Big Splat boof pics anywhere.
Was a nice run on the falls tho. I have ta give you that.
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
bambam
C Guru

I just gotta say something here

Post by bambam »

Quote copied from your link:

"Also - Shoulder managed to get stronger as the trip went on. I still tweaked it everytime I put considerable strain on it, but it bounced back every day."

I'm going to sound like a preachy old goat here but, oh well.

Have you had your shoulder looked at? "Tweaked" is often a euphemism for "partially dislocated" and "tore ligaments more". I appreciate your enthusiasm but you seem to be on a path to the operating room.

I hope I'm wrong about that.

Ken Dubel
pmp
CBoats Addict

tommy

Post by pmp »

Hey tommy it was great to paddle with you at ALF. that pic at stateline looks like the worst line i could imagine... glad it worked out ok.
later dude
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Here's a cool one of Paul- (sorry- its FB)
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 9&comments
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Yeah Paul, I had a great time paddling with you guys. until next time!

ken - i was the kid that never said a word about their concussion... there are somethings doctors can help, and there are somethings that they'll say "u should rest"...and havin' a 9 day canoeing festival, i didn't put that as an option. Thanks for the concern tho, if it gets worse...you'll know where i'll be. I just hope it doesnt come to that. I hate going to doctors unless something is fully torn, dislocated, or broken - in which case...i still hate going to doctors

Going to get on the resistance bands and weights...It's becoming clear to me that just paddling doesnt really cut it at this level anymore, you have to bombproof your body as well. The good thing about this is building muscle is free!

Lengthy - we got plenty of pictures of big splat from the shore. I dont know if that's something i've ever be running. If I do, it will be in a Viper11 w/ more water.
bambam
C Guru

Post by bambam »

I appreciate your civilized reply to my preachy post.

I'm not so big on doctor visits either as I'm blessed with a rather amazing immune system (not like I take such good care of myself or anything) plus I'm self-employed and have crappy insurance.

I hope it works out for you. I dislocated on July 4th, 2000 (not that I'm bitter or anything!). Eleven years later, with no surgery, my shoulder is, knock on wood, likely better than it was before the injury. I'm convinced it's because I gave it a chance to heal and then did the physical therapy thing.

Just sayin'.

Ken
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

hey Lengthy could you post some of your big splat boofs. I've only run in K1 style and I've never seen an OC1 pic of it being run.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

I'd love to see a pic of anyone doing it in a short boat... do such things even exist?
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

I ran it one time and although it went well the consequences are serious enough that I wont do it again. It scared me for sure. I was in a detonator at the time and it was slow. I walked the approach drop and put in the eddy on river left just above it.
Nolan ran it years before me.
I also know some guys who have taken a shredder over it. That's just sick.
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Post by MrTgrips »

Here's a shot of an OC @ Big Splat.....

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/conte ... toid/4118/

:wink:
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

well there you go. wish it was from river right. those pics really tell the story of angle and line much better....but beggars can't be too picky. Thanks.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

i've seen a pic of Jim Michaud runnin it.
Joe
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

This is the first time that I've tried to add pictures to a post. I managed to get them uploaded to Picasa but failed at trying to get them into my post. :x You'll have to click on this link to see a couple of pics of me running Big Splat. :-?

https://picasaweb.google.com/jimmichaud ... 7998988418