posting avatar pic ?? Help!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oc ender
C Guru

posting avatar pic ?? Help!!

Post by oc ender »

ok,i tried several times.I can post pics but havin' a heck of a time tryin' to post an pic for my avatar.It says my file is to big and needs to be rduced to 6kb,how the heck do you go about that.I can only do that when emailing.??
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
wncred
C Boater

pic resize

Post by wncred »

it took me a while to figure that one out myself! i used photoshop to get mine small enough. i went into image in the tool bar and under that it has an option for resizing. just take it to the smallest it will go. if no photoshop try another photo editing software. most have a resize option except iphoto on a mac
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Yeah, hitting 6k is a pain in the butt. Wish it was larger and more user friendly. Some pics I just can't get down to that size.
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

If you're using Windows, download Irfanview. It will allow you to trim, resize (use the slowest method), and adjust the JPEG compression for an optimum file size.
Bob P
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

We hope to change this at some point - the problem stems from our last host who tended to bill us for using up too much space (bandwidth wasn't a problem) - that's also why there hasn't been a place for each person to upload images, etc....

We have a new host now where that won't be a problem, but are still working the kinks out with them (site slowness at times, etc...).
Keep the C!
Adam
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Very cool! Thanks for all the hard work you guys do to keep this going.
oc ender
C Guru

pics

Post by oc ender »

Yes,thanks for the awsome site and all the work that goes into keeping it going.and i appreciate the advice,will work on it.

Thanks all.
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
jatakasawa
C Guru

Ditto on the Thanks

Post by jatakasawa »

Obviously getting out and paddling is the best way to meet c-boaters and become a part of the community but I can't express enough how vital Cboats.net was for me to get into this thing and touch base with some of you. Thanks for having this platform to allow me to weasel my way into the community a little better. This forum is great for us that are still new to the sport.
Chester the Brace Monkey.