Looking for a C1 Squirt boat in Germany for the Worlds

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Looking for a C1 Squirt boat in Germany for the Worlds

Post by the great gonzo »

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know about the availability of a C1 squirt boat to rent or borrow during the Worlds from June 20-26?
Looks like shipping the Ceemweaver from Canada to Germany will be a nightmare at best and might be refused at the worst, and I would HATE to fly to Germany and having to watch from the sidelines to a lack of boat. If anyone knows of an available boat, please let me know. And no, borrowing a yak does not work for me, not with a 36" inseam.

Cheers!

Martin Breu
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Don;t the airlines ship surf boards any more?

What are the other team members doing?
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Air Canada (and any other Airline flying out of Ottawa or Toronto/Montreal) that I could find have a length restriction of 2.03 m for surf boards. Any thing longer has to go cargo. Not a problem for the freestyle crowd, but the Ceemweaver is 9'3". Some US and European airlines have a 9' restriction, but the kicker is that this applies only for the big birds, not for the small feeder planes they use out of Canada. Or then they do, like Condor, only fly from either Eastern Canada (Halifax) or the West (Calgary and Vancouver), but not Ontario or Quebec.... I spent days looking at this and am hitting a wall. I can ship my boat out from Ottawa to Munich for $ 250 on AC Cargo under a deal CanoeKayak Canada has with them, but to get it back I am on my own. The team has, unfortunately, not proven to be too helpful.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Let me see if I know anyone on the british team\supporters who'd drive my meltdown across with them for you.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
bob mckee
C Boater

Post by bob mckee »

Josh

I can probably get that boat over there. Only problem is I'm not off work between now and the 12th when I leave, so I'm unlikely to be anywhere to pick it up from you. Whereabouts is the boat now?

I'm pretty much stuck in the Manchester area until the 12th then I've got to go to Nottingham to pick up the Big Dog van before getting a ferry very very early on the 13th. I will be getting to Plattling around about the 18th. Anyway we can make this work?

Cheers

Bob
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Josh, Bob, that would be absolutely fantastic if this could work out!! Thanks guys for the offer. If this worrks out, I owe you BIG TIME!

Cheers!

TGG!
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Gotta love the "help a Brotha" attitude of the C community
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Agreed!

Some awesome stuff happens here sometimes 8)
Keep the C!
Adam
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Martin
That is another advantage to living in the Yukon- we have direct flights from Germany on Condor and a new one from Switzerland to Whitehorse.
that is how Eli is getting here after the worlds. But that really is too bad it is such a pain to fly with boats. How come you are not getting much help from the TEAM Canada? It sounds like we dont even have any open boaters on the team which is Crazy- Canada -no canoes in the World Rodeo? something is big time wrong with that picture.

Sorry I could not be more help but sounds like u may be able to line a boat up.
Do Canada pround
Canoe Instructor and full time canoe fanatic.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

bob mckee wrote:Josh

I can probably get that boat over there. Only problem is I'm not off work between now and the 12th when I leave, so I'm unlikely to be anywhere to pick it up from you. Whereabouts is the boat now?

I'm pretty much stuck in the Manchester area until the 12th then I've got to go to Nottingham to pick up the Big Dog van before getting a ferry very very early on the 13th. I will be getting to Plattling around about the 18th. Anyway we can make this work?

Cheers

Bob
I'll PM you.

TGG is it ok with you if I send it unoutfitted with just my straps and centre pillars. (I can include my outfitting, but it's pretty poor and was going to be replaced after I finished patching the nasty gouge in the hull) Also would you like the deck that goes with it?
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

+

+

=

:lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Josh,

I wou;ld appreciate if you could leave the outfitting in, even if ity is less than perfect, as I am not sure how much outfitting work I will be able to get done while I am there.
Also, if you could send the deck that goes with it as well, that would be fantastic. having nevere seen a meltdown I am not sure how well my skirts would fir.
Thanks again for the generosity, please let me know how much I owe you!

Cheers!

TGG!
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

-

=

Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

Craig and Jeremy, don't you guys have some boat designs to work on?? :wink:
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hi Gonzo,

write a pm on the wildwasserboard to Harald, he owns a Meltdown wich he restored from scratch. I would think he will be happy to lend it to you. The boat is sitting in Karlsruhe in southern Germany.

Cheers Frank
imagine