obtaining new empty hulls

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hankrankin
C Guru

obtaining new empty hulls

Post by hankrankin »

Anyone got any insight into obtaining empty hulls from manufacturers for conversions? Is this something best done through an outfitter, and does anyone typically know the cost compared to the price of the boat outfitted K1? I've also heard jackson may be producing plastic C1 saddles, anyone else hear about this?
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Good question. I can answer a small part of it, and will look forward to what others can add.

Bliss-Stick sells blank hulls. I bought a Mystic hull for conversion, direct from the rep (Western Canada). The price was less than for a complete kayak, and I got GREAT service and personal attention from the rep.

I've heard that Liquid Logic sells blank hulls, but have no personal experience with them.

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

A production saddle would be sick. That would mean I would stop scalping old dagger saddles from broken boats!
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

You can usually obtain shells from boat dealers, but unless its a big dealer, they'll hold your order to combine shipping with other boats, unless you're willing to pay shipping. I think they're just happy to move boats and make people happy when they can.

Plastic C1 saddle would be great! I haven't heard anything about Jackson or any manufacturer working on a C1 saddle, but I sure hope they are. In today's age, with plastic open boats becoming increasingly available and popular, it could be a good strap system for an OC1 for those who want a demo boat or just a more adjustable system.
pyc1
C Boater

Post by pyc1 »

While I ended up not buying a new boat, I did check into it several months ago with LL and yes they do sell empty hulls (with walls but no holes drilled) and the price is a good bit less than for a K-1. Could be an interesting option with their new creek boat.
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

I heard that big dog kayaks can come outfited as a C1...
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Are Big Dogs being sold in the US or Canada now? Was really digging the look of the OC1 playboat Eli is paddling at worlds.

LL will sell hulls, a buddy says they are quite a bit cheaper but I don't know the exact $$. Shane posts on here, someone PM and get us a special Cboats deal! :)
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

pyc1 wrote: Could be an interesting option with their [LL's] new creek boat.
That boat looks right up my alley as far as C1s go. But i'm getting off the topic of the thread.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Smurfwarrior wrote:Are Big Dogs being sold in the US or Canada now?
There is a rep in Washington state, and both Lappie and I have been in touch with him. We wanted to see if one of the prototypes from which they are going to produce the FORCE OC-1 is available to sample.

Unfortunately, the rep didn't seem too interested in our request. Nor did he seem too willing to bring in any of their factory-outfitted C-1 conversions for us to sample.

Too bad -- there might be a market for their products -- especially in the west, where boats are so hard to access. . .

(What do you mean you've heard that rant before?) :wink:

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I've heard that rant in person! :)
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I heard that liquid logic hulls are $500 but don't quote me on that.

I did actually price a burn hull once and it was $1,000 :o
Larry
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

*WHISPERS TO LARRY* Thats the price a little birdy told me too
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Smurfwarrior wrote:I've heard that rant in person! :)
Ah-h. . . nothing like the personal touch. :lol:
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Come on back down sometimes, I've also got a Spark for you to demo now :)
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Hey Smurf -- PM on the way. . . :o
C'est l'aviron. . . !