GDI road trip

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cadster
CBoats Addict

Post by cadster »

Kraig used his Ledge this past weekend from Stevens Gulch down except for Pineview Falls and seemed to have fun. I paddled lower Rustic on Monday and enjoyed the rapids more than those below the Narrows except for Pineview. Less than 3' and the Rustics look to get bony in places. The 99 MP ledge hole deserves a look.
kslund
Pain Boater

Post by kslund »

I've paddled lower rustic at various levels, and >3ft is best but it is still runnable below that level. The lowest I ran it was at 2.25ft many years ago - very bony, but still fun and I think I only got hung up once. We put in at granpa's gorge bridge (a little below the normal putin at Indian Meadows bridge) and took out right above the narrows (Dutch George) if I remember right.

And you'll have the river to yourself at lower levels since the yakkers in the fort don't think it's worth the drive up to the rustic area unless the river's at 4 ft. :D
kslund
Pain Boater

Post by kslund »

Hey Standingman - sent you a PM. Me and at least one other buddy (AJ) are going to try and join up with you on the Poudre. Just wondering roughly what time your planning on putting on and what section(s).

Kraig
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

Poudre holding at 3.4' today. Looking forward to meeting some new paddlers on the Poudre!
Standingman
Pain Boater

Post by Standingman »

AJ, just sent kslund a pm with our time line. Looking forward to meeting up with you all. It will be the first time we had some one there that knows the line. 8)
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

iRolled wrote:You guy's suck :(
if you were not a cheap bugger ... then maybe ... you might have been invited

plus your never on time anyway so they would have left with out you
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)