Colorado Pics and Trip Report from Canoe Movie 2

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Colorado Pics and Trip Report from Canoe Movie 2

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Here is a write-up Hunter did on our trip to CO with a lot of nice photos.

http://canoemovie.amongstit.com/
kslund
Pain Boater

Post by kslund »

dam! :o that's awesome! Can't wait to see the Colorado footage!
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

REALLY cool! Thanks for posting the update. Can't wait for the full video to become available.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

I'd like to add that the L'Edge was awesome in Colorado. That's the first time I've paddled it out west. I have an Ocoee and a Quake that I left in CO in 2004 that I've been paddling the last 7 years out there.

The water was high on this trip and the eddies were scarce. Fortunately the L'Edge was so dry that it made things more manageable than I expected. Things would have been a lot tougher in the ocoee (the main boat I've paddled in Colorado in the past)

A swim on one of the upper drops of Daisy Creek would have been Catastrphic. The top 4 or 5 drops are only IV+ but they are totally walled in (in-escapable steep banks down to the creek sort of like a micro gorge) I guess that's why the guidebooks and CO websites call it a Class V- run. If you swam up top you would easily swim .5 miles or more to the next "big" eddy that isn't boxed in. The L'Edge was big on that run.

Matt loved his L'Edge out there and we ran into Roy who raved about taking his down the Arkansas Numbers at high water (he's been paddling a Fly for years and couldn't believe how dry the L'Edge was in big water). The L'Edge is definitely a great canoe for all the continuous Colorado runs.

Dooley