This could be the stupidest thing ever asked on the board...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

RapidMediaTVGuy
C Boater

This could be the stupidest thing ever asked on the board...

Post by RapidMediaTVGuy »

So this might be really dumb (but that's never stopped me before) but does anyone C1 inflatables? (and I don't mean the bachelor party type). I've never actually seen or heard of anyone doing it but the more I think about it the more I realize, why not? Might be kind of fun.

Dan Caldwell
Rapid Media TV Guy
Read rapids? Read RAPID! www.rapidmag.com
join us on Facebook for special offers and updates! www.facebook.com/rapidmagazine
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

If I ever had to paddle an inflatable, I'd C1. How about that? Although wouldn't it be OC1, just like how paddling it the right way would be OK1?

Now I'm inspired to borrow somebody's booze tube and C1 the Loop.
Chris Loomis
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

You are correct. That is indeed the stupidest question ever asked on this board. :roll:
Joe
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

My buddy deathyakked the Gauley using a raft paddle... Not sure if he was kneeling or not. Never seen one set up for it though...
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Re: This could be the stupidest thing ever asked on the boar

Post by eddyhops »

I've single bladed both duckies and kayaks several times... that 2nd blade just gets in the way.
JD
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Grabner makes an inflatable C-1, 2 that is pretty decent.

Jkaz
Jim
C Guru

Memories

Post by Jim »

This post gave me a flashback to a friend who used to paddle rivers in the northeast with an OC-2 and his partner "Flo", his inflatable flotation partner, in the front seat. It was quite the scene to see him dropping through a class III rapid and yelling at her, while smacking her with the paddle... although not exactly family entertainment.
Jim
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Dave Nickerson, who used to rep for Esquif, had a ducky he retrofitted to C1 / OC1 (or rather "D1"). Nice boat!

Paddle what you what, with what you want. It's all about the fun and getting what YOU want out of it in the end.
Keep the C!
Adam
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: This could be the stupidest thing ever asked on the boar

Post by Craig Smerda »

RapidMediaTVGuy wrote:This could be the stupidest thing ever asked on the board...

Dan Caldwell
Rapid Media TV Guy
not even close... :lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

i've tried it and it sucks. it's been years, but i tried it a few times leading ducky trips on the upper new. the lack of seat was the worst part. oh yeah, that and paddling flatwater with a single blade in a ducky....
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

FWIW - THe "D1" Dave used he used a NRS straps to hold a board across the top two tubes, legs underneath. I think he was in a NRS ducky that had D rings on the top for the ropes to go through - I think this is what he attached the straps to, but I saw this setup about 10 years ago....
Keep the C!
Adam
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Memories

Post by KNeal »

Jim wrote:This post gave me a flashback to a friend who used to paddle rivers in the northeast with an OC-2 and his partner "Flo", his inflatable flotation partner, in the front seat. It was quite the scene to see him dropping through a class III rapid and yelling at her, while smacking her with the paddle... although not exactly family entertainment.
:o

:-?

:roll:

:)

:D

:lol:

And yes. This is not close to being the stupidest post.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Bill M
C Guru

Post by Bill M »

There is an inflatable oc1/2 out there. Has seats across the top tubes that you kneal from. Not sure what protected your knees from rocks tho. I tried one at slice and dice years ago. It's still on the market but I've forgotten the name.
Bill
hankrankin
C Guru

Post by hankrankin »

I used to be a raft guide at the nantahala and everytime i would have to take a group down in duckies i would C1. its fun and considering i did it like 5 times a week, i think it actually helped my regular paddling, if nothing else it made the muscles stronger. Its tiring work herding clueless tourists in a ducky
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Ah ha - they are strill around :

http://www.soar1.com/soar_10.htm